Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Awwwww you have a goodun there H,bet mums pleased as they are lovely,xxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks everyone, and I did that one too Cath, so he never buys them for me anymore either! He's definitely one very special guy, with the patience of a saint (he has to be living with two of me now!) I've put them in a vase now but left them all tied up coz I couldn't arrange them as well as they have. Mum is overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness, and told him, she feels very flattered that he has accepted her into our home and tries to be quiet upstairs so as not to disturb him, but he said he's used to that with old elephant feet crashing about downstairs, aka me I suppose! It's a strange thing, but he never liked his OWN mum, and hasn't even seen her for 5 years when he divorced the pair of them, and even when his dad died he never bothered to contact her even though she was desperate to hear from him and told his sisters, and yet MY mum he just adores her! Well, who wouldn't quite honestly! I know Tracy (Trixybird)likes giving her a big cuddle!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh he is such a sweetheart Helena, you are very lucky married to such a saint.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 05:51 PM
He definitely is one of those June, don't quite know how I've managed to keep a strong hold on him for so long, but there ya go!!!

I remember my mum telling me once, that she was standing next to him at a nightclub many moons ago, looking over onto the dancefloor where the likes of me was doing a slow smooch with some handsome fella on the dancefloor, and she said to him "I don't know how/why you put up with her Dave, if I were you, I'd leave her"!!!!! To which he quietly replied "yes, I should have married you mum"!!!! Bless his heart! Needless to say I don't treat him like that anymore, I can't coz nobody wants to smooch with me now that I'm old/fat and ugly! Lol! Especially as I'd be wearing my jim jams in a nightclub now anyways!!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Awww...bless his heart. He's a big softy really Aitch! How lovely for your mum too.xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Jackie He never shows his emotions, but deep down, you're right, he's like putty in my hands mate!!!!!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 07:21 PM
yep he sounds lovely .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks QW, plus it's got better as he's matured!!! LIke a bottle of good wine!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 07:52 PM
what a thoughtful thing to do. Give the lad a hug from me x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I would if I could Pat, but he doesn't do hugs, I've had 27 years being hugless that's why I have my furry friends! Thanks for the thought, he might have one over the week-end if I can get near enough!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >