View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:15 PM

Dougie got pulled by the terrorism squad today..

Dougie got pulled by the anti terrorist squad today..

He was working in North Queensferry, running round looking for an address when he passed a house, he said what drew his attention to the house was the cameras on the gates and the front of the house.. but he did say it wasnt the fancyest of houses,
Then he noticed that there was a police officer at the side of the house with a machine gun, as he was still driving along slowly, he said to the chap that was working with him... did you see that... colin hadnt seen it and didnt believe dougie.. SO, dougie reverses back.. but when he got back to the front of the house there was no police man there

So off he goes, He got to the forth road bridge and the next thing blue flashing lights pulled him up,
out pops more armed police, they questioned him about his behaviour in front of the house, asking him why he reversed back.. so he explained that he was trying to prove to his friend that there were armed police there, they then said.. Do you know who lives there? Dougie had stopped and asked the lollipop man, Its Gordon Browns house... pml

Dougie said, when I reversed back there was no police man to be seen.. the serg said.. what the feck would you do if you seen a 7.5 ton truck behaving strange.. then reversing towards you? you would feck off out the way as well!

I guess if you think about it a truck that size packed with explosives would be enough to take out the whole street..
they did check his truck out, but at least they had a sense of humour about it all.

here is his wee thank you form them

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:23 PM
OMG I wonder what was going on there then?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-10-2008, 05:29 PM
They are doing their job well which is a relief.
Let us know if you find out what was going on.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:31 PM
What a exciting life your OH leads........good job they stopped him and asked questions.....wouldn't fancy armed Officers myself...you never know if they mistake you for someone else and ask questions after
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Dont think there was anything in particular going on {Gordon Brown } may have been home today? I would think there is armed police there all the time...

Guess the site of a huge truck going by then reversing back was enough to get them suss about it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:40 PM
As you say, good job the police saw the funny side - they could've been a bit off about that.

That'll teach Dougie's mate not to believe him
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Oh yea never thought of that. Just had a mental image
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Shona.......what have you been doing with that voodoo doll

PMSL

Poor Dougie, but on a serious note, at least they did follow him rather than let him head off possibly somewhere else.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Good on them........ nice to see the police doing what they do best.

Tell Colin he should pay more attention

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I would think there is armed police there all the time...
Yes, bound to be permanent fixture, had to smile when you said it wasn't that smart a house Poor Dougie, bet he was wondering what was going on for minute, you two do lead interesting lives, nothing (and I do mean nothing) like that ever happens here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >