Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I last saw Jonathon Ross on TV about five years ago, thought he was a vulgar, ignorant, egotisical, wanna be TV 'personality, and typified the decline in TV standards that has occured. Russel Brand I have never heard of. I know a bit of the story 'cos it made Sky News tonight but I'll decline to open that link since I know it will only upset me.

A lot of people on Dogsey say they prefer their dogs to humans and with two apolgies for humans such as Rosss & Brand who can disagree.
Beautifully put Losos!

Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I thought it was very distasteful, what made it worse was it was directed at a man in his 70s.
Russell Brand is all ego and no talent.
The annoying thing is I have spent the last few years defending JR to my OH, who thinks he is a T****R. I hate it when he is right
Beautifully put Lionhounds OH
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 08:25 PM
pathetic - both of them.
Andrew is 78 and to hear two grown men talking of your grand-daughter in such a distasteful way and trying to pass it off as humour - despicable.
If they had one ounce of decency they'd be ashamed and would have beaten the BBC to the apology.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 08:47 PM
i think rb should banned from appearing on tv for a wile and tv show shouldnt allow him on ther shows,then he might come down off his high horse,and when he isnt making as much money he wont be laughing then
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 05:13 PM
What they did was tasteless, they stepped over the line and it wasnt funny, it was just like two kids trying to out-do each other.

Do they deserve to be sacked? No, Do the police need to be brought in like some are suggesting? No, should MPs be tabling a commons motion about it? No

It is something that has been blow out of proportion by other areas of the media, mainly Sky and ITV(what a shock that is proved by 100 people complaining when aried now after the media campaign over 10,000.

People need to see the winder picture, it was in bad taste, but there is a load more things worse than this.
Fwiw I dont like any of them and think they are both idiots.

ETA, just read the original complaints were 2, not 100. And they were for bad language and not content.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:29 PM
The public fund the BBC and effectively pay their wages, I think it is only right that it is not brushed under the carpet.

A lot of people lose their jobs for a lot less.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
The public fund the BBC and effectively pay their wages, I think it is only right that it is not brushed under the carpet.

A lot of people lose their jobs for a lot less.
And it was aired, people complained, the bbc deal with the complaints. There is no need for such a witch hunt, where were the other 9000 people when the show aired? just a case of bandwagon jumping and I think the people who suggest the MPs or police should do something need to see there is alot more things they should be doing.

They also should lose their jobs, It was a mistake and like I said tasteless but sackable? Not imo.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I can't stand either of them , a lot of their humour consists of making a fool of other people
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:13 PM
i couldnt hear it as my speakers arent working

but i cant stand Jonathan Ross anyway, but Russell Brand is ok, think he gets carried away really.

it does sound like something bored teenagers would do, prank phonecalls, not grown men
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
It was a mistake and like I said tasteless but sackable? Not imo.
Phil, always respected your views so here's a true story. When I was on contract to an organisation in London which had a no drinking at work policy a women in our department left work at 5pm (her usual finishing time) went and had a few drinks with some friends, she then returned to the office to collect her handbag, she was sacked. Of course she didn't earn 18 million a year. The way I read it, you're saying if you are just an ordinary worker you can be sacked for all sorts of wrong doing, but if you're on TV ('tho God only knows why that should matter) and if you earn some obscene amount of money, then you can't be sacked for doing wrong, which everyone from the PM down has now agreed what they did was wrong.

There has to be some standards in society, we all moan about the increase in violence on the streets, the increase in perverted sexual abuse, rape, paedeophia, etc. where do you think all these people get their ideas from

The media have jumped on the band wagon on this, but it is the exact same media who promote bad taste and the ever declining standards.

What would I like to see Both Ross and Brand sacked immediately (Just like that women above) clear their desk and go, P45 in the post.

Hells bells Phil these two can live a life style considerably more luxorious than you for the rest of their lives, they need never work again, they will be able to write umpteen autobiographies, who cares, sack 'em I say.

Once again I repeat I've always respected your posts, I just think you're too nice a guy The world of employment for ordinary folk is pretty harsh, it's going to get harder over the next year, and here we have two miserable examples of human beings earning obscene amounts of money
and who are acting like they are some form of Gods. I say again, sack 'em NOW.

Whew, feel a lot better now
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Phil, always respected your views so here's a true story. When I was on contract to an organisation in London which had a no drinking at work policy a women in our department left work at 5pm (her usual finishing time) went and had a few drinks with some friends, she then returned to the office to collect her handbag, she was sacked. Of course she didn't earn 18 million a year. The way I read it, you're saying if you are just an ordinary worker you can be sacked for all sorts of wrong doing, but if you're on TV ('tho God only knows why that should matter) and if you earn some obscene amount of money, then you can't be sacked for doing wrong, which everyone from the PM down has now agreed what they did was wrong.

There has to be some standards in society, we all moan about the increase in violence on the streets, the increase in perverted sexual abuse, rape, paedeophia, etc. where do you think all these people get their ideas from

The media have jumped on the band wagon on this, but it is the exact same media who promote bad taste and the ever declining standards.

What would I like to see Both Ross and Brand sacked immediately (Just like that women above) clear their desk and go, P45 in the post.

Hells bells Phil these two can live a life style considerably more luxorious than you for the rest of their lives, they need never work again, they will be able to write umpteen autobiographies, who cares, sack 'em I say.

Once again I repeat I've always respected your posts, I just think you're too nice a guy The world of employment for ordinary folk is pretty harsh, it's going to get harder over the next year, and here we have two miserable examples of human beings earning obscene amounts of money
and who are acting like they are some form of Gods. I say again, sack 'em NOW.

Whew, feel a lot better now
Because someone has lost their job for something less(And I dont think she should have) shouldnt mean you should sack someone for doing something worse, go down that route and the unemployment rate would rocket more than it is.

It is still a non-story, they did something that was in bad taste and they should apoligse(if not already done). Like I said no one listening found it offensive other than the langauge and the 9999 others have come from people who are being led by rival media companys and crappy little redtops

It was also aired on the 18th of September, so why as it took over a month to come to light, again its a campaign by other media outlets.

I wouldnt mind them being off the screen as I find them unfunny idiots.

Do you think this is a big enough story to be main headline on the news?
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »