View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
New2Dogz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2010, 03:05 PM

What do people know about Burgess Supadog Puppy Food?

Had a visit to a local large dog and catfood warehouse this morning and have bought a 2kg bag of the above for introducing to our puppy gradually when we bring her home.

From what I can see it seems to contain decent ingredients and is made by a family firm in Yorkshire. I don't think I can afford to use Burns or JWB at the moment (hubby made redundant) so it's a case of finding the best value food for Millie that will also be good for her.

In my recent food research noone has mentioned this brand so I wondered if Dogsey members have experience of it? While I was at the warehouse, another lady bought a large sack of adult food and told me that her dogs had been on it for quite a long time and were all doing well on it.

The man at the till (owner of the place possibly) seemed very knowledgeable and told me that it was a decent food and without junk ingredients (he also told me to be careful about giving Millie bones and rawhide chews until she is 6 months + so as not to cause damage to her teeth or their growing position . . . so he was certainly not the kind of chap wanting to sell you something at all costs!)

The Supadog puppy ingredients are:

Nutritional Values

Fibre
3%
Protein
28%
Vitamin D3 *
1,800 iu/kg
Vitamin E *
150mg/kg
Copper
13mg/kg
Vitamin A *
18,000 iu/kg
Oil & Fats
13%

Ingredients
Chicken Meal (min 26%), Naked Oats, Wheat, Herring Meal, Maize, Beet Pulp, Poultry Fat, Brewers Yeast, Dried Egg, Monocalcium Phosphate, Salt

Not sure about the inclusion of salt . . . but otherwise do you think this is OK? (I did like what I was hearing about the Harringtons but they don't make a specific puppy food)
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
It actually cuaght my eye (as it was new) in PAH last night. Sounds good to me although like yourself on the salt front! Why bother?
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 03:39 PM
It actually caught my eye (as it was new) in PAH last night. Sounds good to me although like yourself on the salt front! Why bother?
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Hi

We use their Greyhound and Lurcher food and they look great on it! The vet always compliments us on how good they look and how their fur is in good condition so it must be good for them.

We order it direct from Burgess and it comes within two days of ordering.

Karen
New2Dogz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
. . . . hmmmmm . . . wondering if I should take it back and trade up slightly to Skinners Field & Trial Puppy? I've noticed it has wheat as well as the salt . . .

What do you think?
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2010, 06:35 PM
It isn't a product I have used for our dogs but the ingredients sound ok. We use Autarky dried food for our 2; they are all natural herbs and chicken and do Spring for pups, Summer for adults and Autumn which is for senior dogs and light diet. Ours are on the Autumn because we keep their weight low - Ruby has lost over 18kilos in 8 months on this which she needed to lose.