Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Please help (puppy feeding)

Hi, well are home with our new pup, and she is lovely, pictures soon, the only thing is, I can't remember what was said about how many times to feed her, to be honest I don't think I even asked, it has just been such a long day. What is the general rule over how many times to feed a puppy of 10 weeks, is it three or four times a day.

Thanks

Sarah
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 10:40 PM
do you not have a puppy pack, saying what she is fed on and how many times a day.

How many meals has she had today.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 10:42 PM
with my big girls we fed 4 meals a day to start with. I would contact the breeder tomorrow just to check what the pup is use to if she has not given you any instructions.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Like the others have said, usually four times a day intially....but i could never get Tonks to eat more than three!

COngratulations on you new puppy!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2008, 12:27 AM
We fed 4 times daily, Skye didn't always eat four though, usually three, but Bruce ate all four, but he looooooves his food.

Good luck and congratulations with your new pup xxxxxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2008, 07:28 AM
Hi Sarah the general rule is 4 meals a day until three months, then 3 meals a day until six month, then 1 or 2 meals a day after that.

You are 'growing a puppy' and this is best done slowly with small frequent meals .
sarah j
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Thank you all for the good advice. I think I might get back to the breeder as suggested. I am just so tired, I thought these feelings of sheer exhaustion had past when the children had grown up.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Hi Sarah, good luck with your new puppy, as everyone esle has said four meals a day to start with. Did you get a diet sheet and some food?
If not I'd contact the breeder to see what pups been fed on or you might end up with a runny tummy.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Sarah-J
Good luck with your new pup, When we had our 2 I just couldn't believe how tired I was, it is just like looking afetr a baby, worrying about them and checking them all the time I found night time the hardest and my Husband was no help so useless.
We fed ours 4 times then down to 3 now they have 2 meals a day. we did try giving them 1 meal at 11/2 years as they didnt want to eat in the morning but they were better on 2 and were ready for there food at lunch time, so its lunch and tea time now.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Like the others I agree with 4 meals per day up till 3 months then 3 meals per day till 6 months then 2 meals per day . I have a puppy at the moment and thats what the breeder and my vet said
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >