Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
P.S. He shivers a lot of the time. Sometimes when he's just relaxing on his bed. I've spoken to the vet about it before and she said (after examining him) that it's just a terrier thing and not to worry about it.
Yip tell me about it Ben can be lying on the bed in full health and starts to shiver so much you think he's having a fit. I have been too the vets a few times, at least twice I have just appeared demanding someonme look at him (thankfully my vet is a star and very understanding!) Only to be told it's a terrier trait. Can be quite off putting though!

Hugs for Bryan hope he's feeling better soon.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 02:27 PM
If he is part terrier part whippet then he may take the shivering from the whippet side . I have 3 whippets and they do that . It doesn't always mean that much
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 02:48 PM
We've just got back from our sfternoon walk and he's totally back to normal Running around, bossing A about, chasing rabbits...still not really wanting to eat so I'll just wait and he can eat when he's ready.

Where do you get glucose from Shona?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2008, 03:50 PM
We've just got back from our sfternoon walk and he's totally back to normal Running around, bossing A about, chasing rabbits...still not really wanting to eat so I'll just wait and he can eat when he's ready.

Where do you get glucose from Shona?
I normaly get the liquid glucose from tesco, its in the cake bake stuff normaly, powdered can be a bit more tricky to get your hands on but some stores do it
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks Shona. He's not too bad today. I've given him some slippery elm and he's had a small bit of lamb. He had the squits last night so he's probably just got a tummy bug.

Oooooo and he's pumping a lot. It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD! But he's much brighter in himself x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks Shona. He's not too bad today. I've given him some slippery elm and he's had a small bit of lamb. He had the squits last night so he's probably just got a tummy bug.

Oooooo and he's pumping a lot. It's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD! But he's much brighter in himself x
whats slippery elm?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
You get it from health food shops its meant to be good for upset tummys,its like a powder stuff, I think its made from the bark. Am sure it was a native american thing. Havn't ever tried it but no people who swear by it
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
You get it from health food shops its meant to be good for upset tummys,its like a powder stuff, I think its made from the bark. Am sure it was a native american thing. Havn't ever tried it but no people who swear by it
thanks Lynne,
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
whats slippery elm?

It's a powder made from bark. Humans can take it for IBS and things like that. It forms a protective layer in the intestinal tract and it's soothing on the stomach.

The Native Americans first used it to treat all sorts of things. It's recommended a lot by raw feeders

ETA: oops, didn't see Lynne already answered lol
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2