Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xxPoppyxx
New Member!
Female 

16-02-2008, 04:09 PM

Red bloody paws

Brunos back paws are red and bloody even right in between the seperate bits sorry can't think of a word for it.He seems to be limping and he has bald spots on his back legs though I don't think that is connected to it as he gets bald spots on his head all the time which I think is just a Staffie thing. We took him to the vet when it didn't go away and he has been given injections and antibiotics. It got worse and we took him back again and they gave him more injections and another set of tablets this time for two weeks. It could be a food allergy the vet thinks and we have changed his food to a food that we know he is fine with and have cut out butter, toast ginger biscuits etc. even though these foods haven't affect him before. Has any one any idea what this could be or has any ones does had this?He bites at them all the time and I hate to think of my baby in pain!
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Has the vet ruled out sarcoptic mange as this can cause bald patches and soreness?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Are you walking him anywhere different, on ground/vegetation that he could be allergic to?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 06:01 PM
One of my past GSD`s used to get eczema in between the pads - she used to nibble herself raw. It was definitely an allergy. We treated it with Sherleys` Coal Tar Treatment which has unfortunately been banned for general sale by the EEC, along with mange soap and a host of other handy remedies. If you`ve ruled out food allergies, have a think about carpet cleaners, nettles etc. - or the salt mixture put down when it`s icy. I used to bathe my dog`s paws in clean water after a walk and that seeemed to help. And socks indoors to stop the scratching (secure with masking tape)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 06:08 PM
My old dog developed something that sounds similar on his paws after walking in pine woods. The ground was covered in a carpet of pine needles and he got sore and would chew relentlessly.
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Is it mainly after being out in the morning? My poor Anton has cut his feet this week, I'm sure that it's the frosty ground in the mornings after he goes chasing after his ball!
xxPoppyxx
New Member!
Female 

25-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Hes due a trip to the vet tomorrow night but theres no improvement.He took all the tablets is off the food we think is the cause and has his paws bathed everynight in a wash gave by the vet.It is so hard getting him to let me near him with water.He would jump straight in the sea lake pond whatever but when i have a basin of water hes nowhere to be found!

Ill mention these suggestions tomorrow night and hopefully we get somewhere!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Hoping the vet say's he will be ok.
I used to have a boxer that would have the same problem's, and I was told by my vet to wash his feet in diluting savlon.