View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2012, 03:27 PM
My update---I am an idiot, I have a sendaway with Etta---she goes out to a ball for treibball, she transfered to a pole no problem and distance will be just as easy as she is more than happy to work away from me. So scrapped the idea of going round the posts with her.
Benj had a session and has got the idea of going round one post, I'll reinforce that for a while then move on.

rune
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I am finding this topic very interesting as I did my first sendaway with Zak this morning.

I trained it many years ago in obedience with Flame, and we used a mat and a pot of food.

With Zak it was a visible cone, with his ball hung on it, and me running out after him (once he got closer to his target).

I am going to try the same principle but with poles tomorrow.
dave olley
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Ive been taking some trialists on a course today at the local disused sand quarry.
Sendaway was one of the exercises, standing looking across at an Irish setter 200yrds away taking multiple redirections in the Autumn sunshine is a wonderful sight.

Dave
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2012, 07:44 AM
I need to change my cue for a pole as she stands behind things for the command I use now----I'll muck that up when I put the pole near a hedge.

Whats the next stage in Jo's? Stopping them at the pole?

Thanks

rune
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3