View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks Clo have taken yours and sent mine! look forward to meeting you and your puffer!
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-01-2010, 10:58 PM
wife went to mancs dog show saw a few breeds, can u tell me why someone would have their dog handled , is it norml to have someone walk your dog in the show when you sit at the side eating burgers?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by GUISEPPE View Post
wife went to mancs dog show saw a few breeds, can u tell me why someone would have their dog handled , is it norml to have someone walk your dog in the show when you sit at the side eating burgers?
Many owners have handlers to show their dogs yes. if you are not confident, are not a good handler, its normal for somebody else to handle the dog for you. Its not so common here, but in the US, an owner very rarely handles their own dog, they all hire professional handlers.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 07:13 AM
As Dawn has said, some people are not confident handling their dogs, or they can't physically do it for whatever reason. Does this matter though? I sometimes have a swap with friends and we run each other's dogs. It's good for the dog to get used to different people handling it. I've handled for a disabled lady too, and also when someone has more than one dog in the challenge they will need an extra pair of hands.
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-01-2010, 11:34 AM
NO we had a chat and she thought maybe that some owners felt they would get better results if the dog was handled by someone the judge may know. Anyway after the show we have decided to look for a really good sound Parsons Jack Russell does anyone know of a reputable breeder.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 11:55 AM
NO we had a chat and she thought maybe that some owners felt they would get better results if the dog was handled by someone the judge may know. Anyway after the show we have decided to look for a really good sound Parsons Jack Russell does anyone know of a reputable breeder.
some judges do go for 'faces' it's true (same in any sport or activity really) With certain judges you know the outcome before you have started! Never mind, eh?

If you want a good quality pup, find a list of breeders on the net and ring them, then visit them. It's the best way of getting the pup you want, otherwise you are relying on the opinions of others which may be biased.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:17 PM
A few years ago my son used to handle for a woman who had broken her knee in a motorbike accident. At first he would completely handle the dog and then as she recovered and had the plaster removed she would stand the dog herself and he would move them for her.
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2010, 12:19 PM
we have decided to look for a really good sound Parsons Jack Russell does anyone know of a reputable breeder.
Just had a look, the breed club has a puppy register for anyone wanting a prt puppy. Not sure if im allowed to add a link for this but if you do a search for the uk's breed club you will find it.

As for Manchester....got nowt. Pups first show so just glad she didn't hit the deck. She moved and stood reasonably well on the table so can't get better than that in my opinion
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2010, 04:26 PM
me and daph got vhc out of a class of 11. not bad considering all the others were well known. im happy anyway
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Not normal , but it happens, sometimes fro reasons pointed out, along with a owner not being able to "run" their dog, so will get someone else to do it.

Faces will sometimes win, but you still need a good dog on the end of the lead to do so.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >