Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 11:16 AM

Help!

I asked a question about copying a goldfish screensaver from my daughters computer to mine the other day. Well I think I have managed to copy the files onto a Cd now but how the heck do I get them on to my computer because when I put the CD disc in with the files on - it just comes up Power Cinema Is there any way I can copy these files onto my computer
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Foxy do you mean that when you put the cd in it automatically opens in Power Cinema without you clicking on anything? If so close it but leave the cd in, then open 'my computer' from your desktop, you will see the cd appearing in the cd drive, right click it and open it with windows explorer - it should give you that option. That should show you the actual file on the cd then you can copy and paste it as normal to your screensaver file....I think
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2005, 12:54 PM
when you put the cd in and your power cini comes up just close it then do what het says
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 01:02 PM
Thanks ever so much Het and Fred - I was just trying what Het said when my sister phoned up and I have only just been able to escape after about 1 hour and 20 minutes -god she can't half talk

Anyway I went into the my computer bit and under the bit where it says devices with removable storage it shows a disc but it says Audio CD (D). I can't seem to open any files on it and just get this dripping water sound all the time so I don't know whats gone wrong

When I CD in at first it does go straight to the Power Cinema thingy without me clicking anything but I haven't a clue why
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 01:11 PM
It sounds like you've copied sound files only, not the install files......I think they are normally .exe files
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thanks ever so much Het and Fred - I was just trying what Het said when my sister phoned up and I have only just been able to escape after about 1 hour and 20 minutes -god she can't half talk
more than you

don`t copy files copy the whole folder then it should work
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy

Anyway I went into the my computer bit and under the bit where it says devices with removable storage it shows a disc but it says Audio CD (D). I can't seem to open any files on it and just get this dripping water sound all the time so I don't know whats gone wrong

When I CD in at first it does go straight to the Power Cinema thingy without me clicking anything but I haven't a clue why

In 'my computer' right click on your cd drive and open properties, there should be a tab there for autoplay, make sure theres is a checkmark against 'Prompt me each time to choose an action' this means that any time you put a cd in it will ask you what you want to open it with....I think
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Fred
more than you

don`t copy files copy the whole folder then it should work

I tried that and it wouldn't let me do it Looks like I will have to pay for the damn thing afterall

Thanks for your help CC and Fred.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Foxy instead of telling to open choose the option to explore this will display all the files on the cd with out it running then select all & copy to the desired location.

All your screen saver stuff is listed here C:\WINDOWS\system32 All the files that have .scr is a screen saver file.

If you do a search for .scr in find files or folders then it will list all the screen savers on your system also you can test eash one in turn

another free screensaver site
Free Screensavers
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by leo
Hi Foxy instead of telling to open choose the option to explore this will display all the files on the cd with out it running then select all & copy to the desired location.

All your screen saver stuff is listed here C:\WINDOWS\system32 All the files that have .scr is a screen saver file.

If you do a search for .scr in find files or folders then it will list all the screen savers on your system also you can test eash one in turn

another free screensaver site
Free Screensavers

Hiya Leo,

Thanks again for your help - you are so clever, did you work with computers, I wish I knew everything about them like you do

I tried what you said but for some reason it doesn't look like there are any files on the cd to open, I don't know why because it copied them to the cd.

You would think there would be a way to copy a screensaver though from one computer to another wouldn't you - because what if Lauras computer went down she would lose that so it would be handy to have on a disk to put back on again wouldn't it

Thanks for that site - they look great
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >