Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Very Happy

So me and my husband have been talking about getting another dog. As we are in a rented property we needed to ask the landlord first, he said he would have to ask the rest of his family as the house we are in we are guessing used to be his mothers. He rang up this evening and told us everyone is happy for us to go ahead!
We are now looking to adopt/rehome a male bc, we are looking for a young dog preferable 1/2 years who is good with other dogs and wont need much training (due to being in a rented property) We will be getting Maggie spayed as soon as we can. We have our eyes on one b&w 14 month old boy but need his current owners to accept us first, luckily they are taking his rehoming very seriously and if they seriously consider us they will be bringing him to meet us and Maggie to see how they get along first, check out the area etc
i just got very excited and thought i would share my good news with other doggy people!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Exciting stuff Hannah - bet you can't wait

Don't forget to post loads of photos for us as well
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 09:28 PM
What lovely news! You must be well-happy.

I'm very pleased for you. Please let us know how things go?
xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Hello Hannah I hope all goes well at the meeting and that you get the dog of your choice .
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2012, 11:07 PM
how exciting. keep us posted
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2012, 11:15 PM
His current owners sent a couple more pics of him today but we haven't heard much from them with regards to going to see him or even any information we would need to know about him :/ im probably just too keen and excitable! I have no patience when it comes to these things lol
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Well i think its a dead end for the gorgeous boy me and my husband were looking to rehome. Have been browsing a website and found a ridiculous amount of border collies needing New homes. It makes me wonder if these people put any research into the breed before getting their dogs, i understand circumstances can change but when people say they realise they don't have the time to look after their dogs properly it makes me wonder what possessed them to get them in the first place
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by HannahnMaggie View Post
Well i think its a dead end for the gorgeous boy me and my husband were looking to rehome. Have been browsing a website and found a ridiculous amount of border collies needing New homes. It makes me wonder if these people put any research into the breed before getting their dogs, i understand circumstances can change but when people say they realise they don't have the time to look after their dogs properly it makes me wonder what possessed them to get them in the first place
Welcome to our world Hannah

We see it all the time on these 'free ad' type sites, dogs ending up for sale because people's "circumstances have changed", yet it's funny that the dogs are often around the 7 month mark when they're not quite so puppy-ish anymore.
HannahnMaggie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Most we have seen have been 6-9 months, its heart breaking thinking these poor pups are going to just be passed around and around. Have made enquiries for a couple of them we would love to meet, of course it depends on how the dog takes to us and to Maggie. I just cant understand how people suddenly realise they dont have the time for their dogs anymore once they reach a certain age. I just wish i had a big farm and millions in the bank so i could take them all in but unfortunately i cant!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by HannahnMaggie View Post
Most we have seen have been 6-9 months, its heart breaking thinking these poor pups are going to just be passed around and around. Have made enquiries for a couple of them we would love to meet, of course it depends on how the dog takes to us and to Maggie. I just cant understand how people suddenly realise they dont have the time for their dogs anymore once they reach a certain age. I just wish i had a big farm and millions in the bank so i could take them all in but unfortunately i cant!!
Hi Hannah I think sadly people are not aware how much time and patience they need to put into training a puppy .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >