Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2006, 11:52 PM

Camping with your doggy!

Well im really looking forward to next year...

During the warmer months me and my partner enjoy going camping, we love the nights cooking over the campfire and listening to the gentle noise of the breeze outside and the crickets chirping...

Alot of the times we talk to people who go camping with thier dogs, we have been secretly jealous for ages as we couldnt have a doggy in our old home and have always looked forward to getting one and taking her camping...

Now we have our beloved doggy and can go camping next year!

So do any Dogsey members go camping in the UK, I bet your dogs love it dont they?

The dogs we saw on the campsites loved it, they looked like they were having the time of thier lives!

Any reccomendations of places for us to visit...?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2006, 11:56 PM
I think we have a Scottish member that is particularly fond of camping Kye No doubt he can give you a few tips
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Me and my old dog Jess have camped all over UK.. also she used to come on all my mountaineering trips... she climbed almost all the Munroes in Scotland. Now She's gone and wee Jake is taking over.... best time ever... camping climbing with the dog....
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2006, 11:57 PM
If ya want a bonnie place to try... go around Perthshire... Pittlochry, Blare Athol... there abouts.... good campsites and beautiful scenery
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2006, 12:02 AM
We live on Anglesey and we even went camping last year with 3 danes here 5mins down the road which was funny as the cafe said to my husband oh you on holiday "yes" where you from? " next village down" all ours loved it we were only trying it out for future shows seeing how we went and it was great. (Until u go the toilet and you realise no you cant take 3 dogs with u like u do at home!)
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Aww sounds great Ian!

My partner is a Rock Climber so no doubt that she will be doing alot of hard rambling with him up to the Crags! lol

In the last 2 years we have visited and stayed at Pembroke, Sandyhills Bay, Llanberis , Isle of Skye...

All of which we now want to take our pup too!

I think Foriegn hols are out of the question for a long time, I couldnt go away and leave my baby behind!

IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post
Aww sounds great Ian!

My partner is a Rock Climber so no doubt that she will be doing alot of hard rambling with him up to the Crags! lol

In the last 2 years we have visited and stayed at Pembroke, Sandyhills Bay, Llanberis , Isle of Skye...

All of which we now want to take our pup too!

I think Foriegn hols are out of the question for a long time, I couldnt go away and leave my baby behind!

Plenty climbing for him near there too.... and some awsome scrambling in Glencoe which is not that far either
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Mentioned those places to my OH, were going to look at piccys on the net, we love the HighLands, so beautiful...!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah ya got me started now... I been mountaineering since I was a kid... I love it.. could bore ya to death with stories
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Aww im sure I wouldnt die... just need a cup of teat then I would listen for hours! lol
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »