View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:31 AM

Dogsey Dogs storm the Warrington Horse Show!

We had a lovely day yesterday and met Fudge and her lovely family of humans! Despite the wind and cold it was a brill day out and we all thoroughly enjoyed it (although we were all exhausted afterwards!)
There was a dog show for Retired Greyhound Rescue there and we remet up with Fudgeley there (we initially met in the car park, they were parked 4 cars away from ours and were walking past as we got out! I instantly recognised the beautiful Fudge!) How weird is that?!

Anyway, we entered Cosmo into the first class, which was best puppy...he came fourth and we were thrilled! Cosmo was very good (in the ring...he spent the rest of the time pulling us round the field as it smelt so good and there was so much horse/cow/sheep poo to consume He also took a fancy to my lunch AS it was going in my face...cheeky lump!) Anyway, he did very well and we got a certificate and rosette and treats! He entered a few other classes and made the cut in Dog the Judge Would Most Like to Take Home! To be honest he was robbed in the Waggiest Tail cpmpetition...his was by far the waggiest and my son was sweating after that one he put such effort into getting his tail going, but it came straight after the class he was placed in so there was no way We were chuffed that another Flat Coat won that one though...some breeds have an unfair natural advantage in that one don't they!
Enough rambling! Here's Cosmo showing off his rosette!

Poor Fudge had to wait a while for her classes, but it was well worth it. She came second in Prettiest Bitch (she was THE prettiest though I have to say) and was handled beautifully by her young owner! My son took a few photos ...
Waiting to meet the judge

Giving Fudge an encouraging talk!

One for the album, a proud family moment!

Very well deserved praise!

Sorry I went on a bit there didn't I?!!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Great pics, thanks, but couldn't they have mown the grass first? It would have set the dogs off even better, especially those with short legs!
Cosmo looks very proud of his rosette!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:38 AM
Lovely photos, Ailsa. Well done to Cosmo and Fudge - two first class winners - and their excellent handlers!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Great pics, it looks as if you all had a great time
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Great pics, thanks, but couldn't they have mown the grass first? It would have set the dogs off even better, especially those with short legs!
Cosmo looks very proud of his rosette!
There were a couple of small breed pups there who did get lost a bit in the grass! In the Dog the Judge would most like to take home class, there was a 9week old pup...down ON the grass...I bit my tongue as I think the judge did too!
Cosmo wanted to eat his rosette...but then Cosmo wants to eat everything....
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Lovely photos, Ailsa. Well done to Cosmo and Fudge - two first class winners - and their excellent handlers!
Fudgeley's daughter did very well indeed. My OH handled Cosmo as Cosmo had pulled my son towards a huge GSD at one point...so my son wanted my OH to hold him, just in case!!! Cosmo is at the stage where he is heavier than my son and is becoming a teenager......

My son took the photos of Fudge, think he was a bit smitten!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Great pics, it looks as if you all had a great time
Thanks, we did! I love fun dog shows as they make money for good causes and they are always good natured and ...well, fun!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:48 AM
just relooked at the pics and throught I should point out that Cosmo had his harness on and the rosette was attached to it...not him!!!!!!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Well done everybody. Shame it wasn't a Bank Holiday for us on Monday otherwise we may have been down to add to the troops.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
just relooked at the pics and throught I should point out that Cosmo had his harness on and the rosette was attached to it...not him!!!!!!

I did wonder (well, I knew you wouldn't hurt him).

Great pics, well done Cosmo and Fudge.

Sounds like you all had a great day out. So jealous - I wish there were more fun dog shows round here.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Well done all - sounds a great day - I think the fun shows are such fun Its all in the name hey

Well done Cosmo and Fudge too
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >