View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 03:15 PM
These guys are HUGE TW One of them is making an awful sound at the minute,obviously the mother looking for her foal They nearly look like a shire horse,you know the kind,gorgeous but wouldn't want one to step on my toe
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 03:16 PM
That's very sad, about the little foal.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Ohh that is SO sad poor baby and poor Mama!!!

One of my chickens "Mrs Norris" has been a bit off color lately, she laid a soft shelled egg last night and is just a being a bit weird, more weird than normal!!! I am hoping she will pull through as chicken first aid is not on my cv.. will need to consult with Elaine
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Haven't they taken the mother in She needs to see a vet to get the milk sent back, bran mashes and a very light diet otherwise she could be very poorly, that is so awful, it will be the mother calling her foal, why can't people have consideration for their animals when this sort of thing happens.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Will not speak to soon,maybe he's coming back for her,I hope so after what you said TW.She really is very stressed,bless her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2014, 03:47 PM
I would have thought they would have taken her when they took the foal. Getting a bit late, unless they haven't got stabling and are looking for somewhere.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 03:54 PM
All gone quiet,am going out for a nosey.Will take the ladder,have a look over the fence see if she's there.There is obviously another way into the field cause he hasn't always come this way,so its possible she's gone out another root.Wouldn't have fit in the horse box he had earlier..no waynot standing up anyway Will go,check.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Oh that poor little foal I don't know anything about breeding, but I do know the girls who did up at the stables always told me that a male would kill a foal if in the same field? Is that right June?

By the way June, what on earth have you done to yourself now to be hurting all over like this? I've missed the entire goings on over the week-end so hope you didn't fall off your rock or summat just as bad

Lynn, yes, better glue those rugs down for Friday, and I'll have to do the same here.

Linda, the way you describe Loki is exactly what I could say about Zena? Maybe it's a tummy problem then with such a stiffened gait all around? Never seen this before in her, and yet there she is now, outside waiting for me to chuck the ball about whilst I get that washing in.

Glorious end to the day here, I can open up all the doors again cos the rain has finally gone. It's deathly quiet too, nobody about, sometimes it's so quiet here it's kind of spooky lol! Something I always yearned for and now I'm moaning about it

I might take Zena for a little amble up the road and see how she goes. Just a gentle walk onlead up to the woods but not into the fields, I feel guilty she never got her 2nd walk today and we didn't really enjoy our walk in the rain first thing.

Catch you later then
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2014, 04:07 PM
That is so very sad, poor horse Is the foaling bank still going? maybe they might be able to get her a foster, especially if she has got a lot of milk, bless her.....they operate all over the country and NI. If not she will need some TLC. When my mare lost her foal, we were advised to leave it with her, so she can mourn. But she does need some hepl with her milk, so very sad.....

Wonder whats going on with Zena I know she has tummy problems and had a flair up, maybe a word with your brilliant vet, Helena, whats happened to you TW, not something else or is it those flippin ribs again.

Chicken off colour, DD, have a feel of her crop, is it all hard or squidgy? is it possible to put her somewhere quiet? is she still drinking? has she been wormed recently? this is my check list when I have a poorly chicken. Poor Tilly, I had visions of a lardhead....

Hope the dog walks were all incident free....

No rain here and got the tripe all cut up and in the freezer. I am going to leave Kacie and get the boys out for a run in the morning, lets hope she leaves them blummin stitches alone, but right now, I need another cuppa...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Helena, I cleared the back yard, I've been wanting to do it since Christmas, but previous injuries prevented it
Been in Asda, but not an Easter Egg to be seen, so wonder what happens to the ones they don't sell, I think that is MEAN they sell of selection boxes after Christmas is over don't they
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »