Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post

Yeah!!
Well done Michael
You can breath now LS xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Congratulations Linda
that must be a relief, the thought of taking 2 children to 2 different schools for the same time must have been really worrying.
eugh to white chocolate as well, the darker the better for me
Helena, the bluddy vans have gone now, just back from my microwave buying trip, and they have gone.
If they do re-appear next week then I will be complaining, over 3 months to build an extension, and not a very big one at that. There's housing estates gone up in less time.
I think I've been very patient, but I would like to be able to drive up to my back gate without having to reverse one way or another, and with 4 dogs in the car, big ones as well, it wouldn't be possible for me to reverse safely with them in.
Plus what would happen if there was a fire or some sort of emergency where access was needed urgently, you literally cannot get past them, the vans, concrete mixers, massive sacks of aggregates etc.
Got a black micro from Asda for £40, it is all plugged in and working, well the lights on and someone's at home, so thats a start
Eileen I cried all night when I found out what had happened to my little baby boy, I was out of my mind with worry, I was trying to make arrangements to bring him back here. The people at the shelter were marvellous, got someone who spoke excellent English to speak to me and I cannot praise them enough. He wasn't put on their rehoming section, they did it by choosing from the people applying for other dogs, and assessing as to their capabilities.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Good luck in your new home( black micro from Asda )
Be no
stopping you now TW,be microwaving all sorts That's really good value..£40 Good for you
Did the e-mail have any pics attached by any chance??
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2014, 04:19 PM
No, I have got some piccies when he got him, and obviously some baby piccies when he was here. His ears have flopped, which often happens when they are stressed and unhappy, and last piccies I had of him they were still down. He was a lovely puppy, very loving and easy to get along with. He didn't deserve that to happen to him, not saying any dog would deserve that, but there was no real reason that I could actually fathom, apart from the fact that he dug up the garden, but they knew all about Utonagan digging tendancies, and I had put them in touch with another owner in their area when they were in England. I am sick to death of untrustworthy owners, and it is always the ones you think least likely, these were teachers believe it or not, the husband was some sort of professor.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Afternoon all ..... I have been here for a considerable time but then it has taken me a considerable time to read 5 pages of posts

After walking the dogs this morning I decided to make a dash over to visit Mum as my brother can't go this week (he has a mouth full of stitches after tooth extractions). The M25 was horrible due to 3 lanes being closed on the M4. Mum was very confused and told me how worried she was about her Mum and Dad who aren't at all well ...... she's not kidding they've both been dead for years and years . I humoured her and we had coffee and a few dozen biscuits before I made my escape and battled the M25 home again ..... horrendous journey.

I then did some washing and spent all afternoon removing the last of the grass off the balcony (used when we had the flooding) and then had to pressure wash the balcony .... which lead to me me also washing one of the garden benches and starting the wall I walked the dogs again, have fed them and I'm now finally sitting down with a cuppa to catch-up on here

Elaine Everything crossed for Kacie tomorrow with her spay and I hope it all goes routinely.
Helena Sounds as though you've had two lovely walks today (apart from fleeing from those collies). Did the window cleaner turn up while you were having a doze and did you find out why he legged it first time round
LuckyStar Fantastic news about the school place for Michael .... I know you were fairly sure but nevertheless there is always that little doubt until you had confirmed Having that green in front of you house is ideal isn't it .... at least someone else maintains it but you all get the use of it
Bev I hope you managed to get out in the garden this afternoon as planned and that the family have a good run up tonight. I bet you'll love coming back from work tomorrow to be greeted by Harley
Lore I hope you get a better night sleep tonight. My OH suffered for years from it and when he finally mentioned it to his doctor and she asked about his night time routine he mentioned that he has a pint of tea about an hour before bed. He immediately knocked that on the head and things improved hugely. He is a restless sleeper thought and I often get kicked in bed and have on occasions had bruises on my shins to prove it
Lynne I hope your trip to Gill went well and everything crossed that the chemo works for her. Poor woman and what a worry all round. ((hugs)).
Tang What a nightmare visit you had this morning especially having to hand around for so long and then being served by a jobsworth I think you should just go ahead and get the final bill and warn them that they had to get the leccy put back on themselves. Also will you still be able to get Lucia and Relou to pay you what they owe .... I do hope so 'cos that is no small amount Good luck with the new hairdresser and you must be getting really excited about seeing your son Did that baby lizzard manage to get away safely and if so ..... what about all of his brother and sisters
Lacey Did you manage to get a bikini top tan? It was mentioned yesterday on the news that due to a hole in the ozone right above us that we are more likely to get burnt now that in mid summer .... be careful. Hopefully you got all your jobs done which will give you a lovely relaxing day tomorrow to cruise the shops and decide what to spend your birthday money on
Nippy Did you manage to find a nice shirt for your OH for the wedding? I too think I have oral thrush as my mouth is really sore ... what did you use when you had it last week? I reckon its all been tied in with this wretched virus

Well it has been a gloriously sunny and warm day here today and looks as though it will continue until Sunday when here in the SE well have rain .... but its been lovely while its lasted
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Excellent news for Michael!!! and for you too LS xx

Sad to say, when people want something, like a puppy, some will tell all sorts of lies to get what they want, they tell you what you want to hear, and as you say TW, it is the devils own to sort them out sometimes But you have done a great job with almost all of the rest of your puppies, getting the best home possible for them xx We got Winter because of the same thing, but we went and got him back, he had a nervous breakdown here and completely shutdown. He was only supposed to be a foster, but he never left

All clean windows down at Helena's then, I did mine, but they got dogsnot on them now

I am spitting here!!! I bought a meat grinder to do my own mince for the cats and to give Anoush and Winter their turmeric jollop, and it has flippin got knocked off the worktop and broken!!! Dont think I can get a replacement part, might have to get a whole new one....

Well at least we have had a good afternoon, took girls out, so Kacie had a nice run before tomorrow and her enforced rest, had a cuppa out with the dogs and chickens when I got back, now to find something nice for tea

Have a good evening and I might nip in to have a read later xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 04:46 PM
June ....... I forgot you ..... Sorry your walk with all the girls didn't happen this morning what with those white vans and then your car playing up Glad you managed to get another microwave and black sounds good .... I've only ever seen white and silver ones. That is brilliant news that Arctic Storm is settling in so well with his new family and how lovely that the chap was true to to his word to the kennels and has kept in touch with you. I remember what an awful shock it was when you heard that the poor dog had been abandoned ... it does sound as though he's landed on his feet now. Photos would be good though
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Ouch Your poor brother JENNY,that's gotta hurt
And your wee mum,bless her,worrying about her parents and them gone...awww
Didn't get round to the bikini today,but I did get a bit of colour on the old cheeks( on my face before anyone decides to be smart!! )Roll on Summer eh?hope its like last year.wouldn't that be brill?i could listen to peeps on here moaning that its to hot I love it
TW,sometime post a pic of the gorgeous boy,will ya?...please
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Did you see eversuffering husband on the M25...he is somewhere on there winging his way to the new Gateway Port place.

Poor mum, at least there were biscuits.
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »