Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Superb post once again and put so much better than i could even have tried thank you

So...that then makes a complete mockery of the law you support. The law fails spectacularly by allowing the breed that it banned to be imported, bred from and then sold on to unscrupulous owners whilst at the same time seizing loyal family pets that are no more pitbull than I am Australian (sorry Emma!) keeping those family pets who have done nothing other than be a certain size or look in pretty desperate conditions and often destroying them. Well gee three cheers for that spectacularly successful and non discriminative law and resulting ban.
What is wrong with not wanting those kind of idiots who carry out all the above illegally to carry on with their business, knowing full well as long as the money is there it will buy you anything you want ? I don't support a repeal because it would allow them to do what they are doing completely legally, they'll end up with more dogs breeding on a much larger scale!!!
Go see them, I'll give you their address and phone number, then you tell me whether you think what they do is right.
As from where I am standing it's wrong, really wrong.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
What is wrong with not wanting those kind of idiots who carry out all the above illegally to carry on with their business, knowing full well as long as the money is there it will buy you anything you want ? I don't support a repeal because it would allow them to do what they are doing completely legally, they'll end up with more dogs breeding on a much larger scale!!!
Go see them, I'll give you their address and phone number, then you tell me whether you think what they do is right.
Oh I do not for a minute think it is right I think it is totally wrong. I suspect we agree on this point, that is ok even if we disagree on other points.

I do not want nor need their address as I am quite sure that what they are doing is wrong.

The law and the ban on breeding pit bulls is clearly not working if this goes on and whilst it appears to the outside world that something is being done to protect the country from dangerous dogs in reality this has done nothing to lessen dangerous dog attacks as it is not a whole breed of dog that is dangerous it is few (ok quite a few) indiscriminate unscrupulous humans that are dangerous. Now we can not ban that type of human so why ban a type of dog that has been moulded by those humans.

The law needs to be repealed and a new one introduced and upheld focussing on the ownership and breeding of all types of dog. The original question of the thread was are pitbulls dangerous - no IMO no, can they be dangerous yes, but that is a different question from are they dangerous, as any breed can be dangerous.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
Why was your dog technically illegal if the pitbull lines were introduced before the ban? As as long as when you discovered this was the case, after the ban was introduced, you alerted the authorities and followed the responsible dog owners laws as set out by the act then your dog would not have been illegal.
You going to tell everyone walking round with those dogs to register them to the relevant authorities Won't happen!
1) As those in the ''know'' won't admit the truth. All they say is a ''but of this, bit of that'' Walter Mitty kind of people, best way I can describe them.

2) Not everyone is as clued up as they like to think about those dogs, how can you tell relevant authorities if you don't know, or are not aware of it.

Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Again an issue for responsible breeding and buying NOT PBT's being dangerous, I think you are confusing the two.
You are admitting you had one and got dubbed, again if they are everywhere as you claim, what is the point of the ban, it is a bit like a dog chasing it's tail............pointless
Ah, but my dog wasn't just here on it's own
Hundreds if not thousands of them walking around from the same lines, just that not so many people are as aware of things, which is why I'd personally never have another knowing what's gone into them.

What I am totally against is people NOT being told the truth concerning the heritage/background of those dogs.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
excellent post
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
2ND that ...
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
I 3rd that!!
Originally Posted by lisa01uk87 View Post
i 4th that
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
And a 5th!!
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
Cant remember what number we are on but fantastic post
Excellent post
Thanks you guys, all 7! of you.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 11:59 AM
You going to tell everyone walking round with those dogs to register them to the relevant authorities Won't happen!
1) As those in the ''know'' won't admit the truth. All they say is a ''but of this, bit of that'' Walter Mitty kind of people, best way I can describe them.

2) Not everyone is as clued up as they like to think about those dogs, how can you tell relevant authorities if you don't know, or are not aware of it.

Hundreds if not thousands of them walking around from the same lines, just that not so many people are as aware of things, which is why I'd personally never have another knowing what's gone into them.

What I am totally against is people NOT being told the truth concerning the heritage/background of those dogs.
Yes there are hundreds or thousands walking around but that does not make the pitbull a dangerous dog (which was the original question) however as a responsible person you would have registered your dog when you became aware thus your dog would not have been illegal. I appreciate that the majority of people who currently own pit or pit type dogs would not register them that is where the law needs to change for all dogs regardless of breed to be accountable to an owner and the owner be accountable to the law.
Yes that would take money time and effort, but millions of pounds and 9 years later the current law focussing on the breed and not the deed has achieved nothing IMO. The pit bull is demonised along with the other 3 breeds on the list and we still have dog attacks happening people still own and breed them.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:04 PM

You buy from a dodgy breeder and you blame a breed, you say they still do it even though it is illegal, what is the point of keeping the law, by your own words there are hundreds, if not thousands making a point of the law not working.
Go to a reputable breeder I doubt you would have had your problem.
What you talk of highlights the fact this law only wastes time and resources and is doing nothing and not giving people who would breed responsibly and want to show this breed at its best and stop the stereotypical view on them.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
what the current law does is say the actual dog is bad.

what was needed in your case is some control over the breeding as the guys you are referring to dont seem like they should be breeding anything legal or not.

i dont just want to see the ban repealed i want to see the right things controled. breed bans are not the answer
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
what the current law does is say the actual dog is bad.

what was needed in your case is some control over the breeding as the guys you are referring to dont seem like they should be breeding anything legal or not.

i dont just want to see the ban repealed i want to see the right things controled. breed bans are not the answer
Here Here - well said
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by tazer View Post
Thanks you guys, all 7! of you.
Me 8th
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

Yes there are hundreds or thousands walking around but that does not make the pitbull a dangerous dog (which was the original question) however as a responsible person you would have registered your dog when you became aware thus your dog would not have been illegal. I appreciate that the majority of people who currently own pit or pit type dogs would not register them that is where the law needs to change for all dogs regardless of breed to be accountable to an owner and the owner be accountable to the law.
Yes that would take money time and effort, but millions of pounds and 9 years later the current law focussing on the breed and not the deed has achieved nothing IMO. The pit bull is demonised along with the other 3 breeds on the list and we still have dog attacks happening people still own and breed them.
you cannot currently apply to be put on the register. you would first have to be convicted of owning a dangerous dog then prove it is no danger to the public.
Page 114 of 132 « First < 14 64 104 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 124 > Last »