View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 12:47 PM

Would you pierce your 3 year old daughters ears?

Because she moaned at you to get them done? Just asking because I may be very out of touch about such things but the thought revolts me.
I loathe the way children are shoved into `sexy` clothes and makeup - I had a 6 year old turn up in make up the other day.
Is it me? Am I out of touch?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 12:50 PM
No.....My daughter has just had hers done and she is 10, even then I only had it done as I know the high school she is going to does not allow any ear-rings to be worn so wanted them pierced and sorted well before she started there so as not to have issues such as healing up etc.....

Children should look like children......belly tops and the like are not allowed here either. Short skirts are ok if worn with leggings or tights. My girls know my feelings and actually I never have any issues so I am a lucky mum.....

I hate seeing little ones look like teenagers....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:01 PM
NO!
I HATE to see tiny tots with theirs ears pierced
I've got a fair few piercings myself, and know how much it can hurt, so why you'd want to put a tiny kid through that is beyond me!

Whats the problem with waiting until they are old enough to make their own decision (and I don't think 3/4 is old enough!)
I was 11!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:04 PM
No.....but Im a old foggie.

I hate seeing babies with pierced ears makes me cringe.

My son wanted his done when he was young, I made him wait till he was 14...by the time he reached 15 he's gone off it
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Ohh, I would also like to add theres no way I would go anywhere that pierces with a 'gun' anyway - so that would be my kids ears out of the question for years!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I would'nt, I dont like it on babies.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Absolutely ridiculous imo My niece had to wait until she was 11 to get hers done, but then my sil is a very level headed, sensible person, unlike some mothers atm - 3 years old??? Bl**dy ridiculous!!! In effect, THEY are making the choice for them aren't they, as a 3yr old can't possibly want to be like a teenager surely??? Never had kids, but mine definitely wouldn't be having them until they had a mind of their own!
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:12 PM
I hate it I think it's distgusting I had mine done at 15 and my belly done at 17. Some girls in my year had tattoos at 16 :/

I know a girl I used to be friends with when I was little same age as me and has a 3 year old girl who has her ears done, wears clothes I'd expect an 18 year old to wear on a night out, she puts make up on her including fake eye lashes and puts fake tan on her.

Then again this girl herself has had 3 boob jobs wants to be a page 3 model and her car lisence plate reads 'milf'.

I think it's horrible!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:54 PM
No - I absolutely hate seeing earrings in babies and young children, I think it looks so cheap and tacky.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:54 PM
no I would not....

there should be some kind of age limit on it........
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »