Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Look at the video again.
When CM is talking the dog is quite relaxed, lying looking at the chicken..no intention of going for it. CM moves his left hand slightly, small movement... (the one closest to the dog) and the dog immediately puts it's ears back, looks away and licks it's lips. At THAT point he hits him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TRE7Zv7xdE
What has the dog learned from that????? That offering a calming signal doesn't work and results in pain...so what happens with that dog if that method continues to be used???
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Gosh. You think that was okay for him to do? Why did it merit that amount of force...infact,why did he have to touch the dog to stop it looking at the chicken?
If I knew the full circumstances, saw the whole programme, maybe I'd have a different view, now really I'm off, I cannot listen to anymore of this. I'm glad you are such an open minded person that you "know it all" from a clip that lasts a few seconds.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
And that's what CM tells every owner to do with every dog is it????? Not to mention that anyone who follows CM is a bully!!!!

Honestly, I've listened to enough. You simplify everything to discredit CM - your right to do so - but my right not to listen - I'm off.....................
Hopefully not before you watch the video again, looking at the things I've highlighted.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
If I knew the full circumstances, saw the whole programme, maybe I'd have a different view, now really I'm off, I cannot listen to anymore of this. I'm glad you are such an open minded person that you "know it all" from a clip that lasts a few seconds.
I saw the whole programme. I am highlighting the clip to show you (and others) what I mean.
CM's commentary tells you one thing 'look at the eyes' my eyes tell me another because I watch the messages the dog is giving out in response to the smallest hand movement by CM.

Can't help but wonder how many times the dog had had an negative association with CM's hand for it to offer up those signals at the slightest of movements.
JuniorDaddy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
This sort of sums it up...okay not choking or kicking,just hitting.....
Is that the worst you could find? You realise he uses his finger tips & not his hand when using this 'bite'?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by JuniorDaddy View Post
Is that the worst you could find? You realise he uses his finger tips & not his hand when using this 'bite'?
No it isn't the worst sadly.
It was the one that clearly showed what I have been trying to say all afternoon though. That the commentary tells you one thing, but when you watch the dog carefully you see something totally different.
This dog offered him calming signals...which he ignored and then he hit it...using a lot more than his fingertips.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:19 PM
to be fair juniordaddy,it doesnt matter wether it was hand or fingertips,if it happened AFTER the dog gave the calming signal thats extremely bad timing and judgement,dont you think?
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Are there worse ones then JD?! The ones that disturbed me I can no longer find on youtube. Coincidence I wonder? Teddy the poodle and Banjo the coonhound (the latter particularly) if anyone can get them.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
to be fair juniordaddy,it doesnt matter wether it was hand or fingertips,if it happened AFTER the dog gave the calming signal thats extremely bad timing and judgement,dont you think?
Yep..and also begs the question...what did the dog learn?
JuniorDaddy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Are there worse ones then JD?! The ones that disturbed me I can no longer find on youtube. Coincidence I wonder? Teddy the poodle and Banjo the coonhound (the latter particularly) if anyone can get them.
Thats not what I said at all, I asked if it was the worst YOU could find. Do you really think CM has the say over what is & isn't on YouTube? I know he's a God but I don't think he's that good!
Page 56 of 125 « First < 6 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 106 > Last »