Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Keep Getting My Dog's Name Wrong!!!!

So far we've done one show with our pug, Blackpool, and they got her name completely wrong in the catalogue! We've just got the passes through for her second show, Paignton, and they've done it again there!!!!

My mum keeps photocopies of all the entry forms so we know exactly what we've entered and i had a look at the Paignton one and it is all written VERY clearly (dog has very odd name) but somehow they've still managed to miss out a letter Will they ever get it right?!!!

Do you think there's any way we can get it changed, or will the catalouges have already been printed (show is on the 13th july i think)?
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica
So far we've done one show with our pug, Blackpool, and they got her name completely wrong in the catalogue! We've just got the passes through for her second show, Paignton, and they've done it again there!!!!

My mum keeps photocopies of all the entry forms so we know exactly what we've entered and i had a look at the Paignton one and it is all written VERY clearly (dog has very odd name) but somehow they've still managed to miss out a letter Will they ever get it right?!!!

Do you think there's any way we can get it changed, or will the catalouges have already been printed (show is on the 13th july i think)?
I would go directly to the printers. If it has been recorded incorrectly with them it will continue to be wrong in the catalogues. You may be in time to get it corrected for Paignton.
teisgol
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Hi this happened to us once and it is a printers error you need to contact the printers who will change it on their computor then once that is done things should be printed correctly.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Once the printers have it on the computer you have to make a special effort to get it corrected, my youngest dog has a very silly name (a celtic god) and it is always wrong.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Well we did manage to contact them and it was too late to change it as the catalogues were already beng printed So our dogs name now sounds even stranger!!!!
Longdog
New Member!
Female 

05-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi
We have Celtic names for our dogs and they are very rarely spelled correctly in the catologues. It used to really bug me but now we just have a laugh at how many different ways printers can get it wrong!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Ah then Longdog you would be happy with 'Goibiu' then, I have to look it up every time mind you the pet name I gave him is Varg so I guess it is almost as bad
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 01:59 PM
we got the passes for East Of England show through and they finally spelt her name right

Our dog is named after a Russian Princess apparently so has a very strange name
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Sent me off to check mine and yes they are correct, but I did enter on line so they would have had to make a supreme effort to get it wrong
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Your lucky as my husband is not happy he appears to have changed gender lol its always Mrs & Mrs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >