Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2016, 07:31 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 23rd November

Good morning everyone,

Nice to see you Eileen, expect the poor little mites are teething. Expect you have used all the usual remedies.

Getting darker every morning now and greyer too.

June, I think you will have to have another go at the council over the debris in the river and maybe get a petition going with the help of the local newspaper.

Lynn, hope all is well now and not too much damp getting into the conservatory.

LG not envying you your weather ours is bad enough!

Hope everyone is managing to keep fit and well.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Mat in the conservatory by back door sopping wet Moyra no point putting it on the line to damp yesterday and same today plus misty so will lie there and dry au-natural.

Happy birthday to Lona and Cariad June. Hope you haven't overdone things with the decorating.
Eileen lovely to see you can sympathise with the sleep deprivation Mark was a terror.
A friend of ours who would of had his boys as babies in the late 60's early 70's use to put their carry cot in the bath not with water in and shut the door so neither could hear the babies screaming. The old way is to let them cry it out but I found that very difficult.
I ended up going with the flow and ending up very very tired and grumpy.
I can say though it will end.
Glad mum is well enough to get out and about.

Hope everyone is well today and all our four legged friends.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2016, 09:26 AM
Good morning all.
I can't believe the change in the weather. It is so calm and still after all the wind and rain we have had. I hope it lasts.

I see that Morrisons have got selection boxes cheap so we are going to get them today before they all sell out. Even my big "babies" get a selection box at Christmas

Hope you all have a good day stay warm and dry. I know our dreadful weather has now gone towards a lot of you, take care.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2016, 10:21 AM

Under repair

Good morning all

We have had a very exciting morming, I don't think. Went to the dump with 12 large plastic bags of leaves. That is the highlight of today so far.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Morning all
only experience i have with screaming babies was my mates little ones...she had 3 under 2, i think so long as they are fed, dry and clean and warm enough...been winded then leave them to it.
Eileen, the boys are doing really well thanks, octavio ended up back in hospital but he is now gaining weight well and when i text flav last week she said murillo was 7Lb and octavio catching him fast. I think they are getting no sleep either...there are 3 adults there at the moment and all 3 are worn out Lol.....i suspect they are going to the little ones when they cry as when i was at the hospital as soon as the baby was put in the cot he cried and got picked up again!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Good morning everyone

Happy birthday to Cariad and Lona.

Enjoy your trip to Morrisons and no doubt the car will take you to the local carvery

Hi Eileen. Feel sorry for you I had it with Ben my second he didn't sleep at all but then he had a problem with feeding - didn't like milk in any shape or form and no one seemed to be able to help. After 4 weeks I put him on solids very thin and spoon fed him seemed to do the trick. Being in a semi I had to worry about the neighbours hearing him all night even in bed with me he wouldn't settle.

Pleased your friends boys are now doing well Griff.

Dull here but dry. Cooking lunch and trying to clean all the windows outside as you can't see out of them

Have a good day and stay safe.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Good day folks - from a bright and sunny although cold, Saddleworth. The weather change here is quite unbelievable when one considers what we've had over the last 4 or 5 days.
Apart from weather it same old, same old, here. Roofing was finished on time yesterday and job seems to be spot on, must admit that the weather that caused the leak was quite exceptional and I'm told the direction of the wind and such a heavy rainstorm forced the level of rainwater in the lead gutters far higher than would be expected during a "normal" storm.
Following Harvey's comments on fuse boards and boxes yesterday (for which I am very grateful) I've arranged for a full check on the electrics to be done during the month of January and will have any updating that is required expediated then. So better brace myself for some heavy duty cheque writing! Gulp! lol !
Good luck with window cleaning and choccy shopping, dog walking and all the other ingredients of a busy dogsey members day, take care and wrap up well - bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2016, 12:43 PM
June - nearly forgot! Please give Cariad and Lona a big hug from me and wiah them the very best of birthdays.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Afternoon all. Babies that cry often settle if taken for a ride in the car. Best to take them separately if you can. I know at night it isn't ideal but it will get them out of the habit. Also sometimes cool boiled water to drink helps as they may be thirsty not hungry.
Just a thought did any of you see my link with Tyto in flight on north lancing website? I usually have a reply from some of you so just wondered if it worked? Have a good one. Usual Wednesday here with company later for drinkies and nibbles. Focaccia bread on the menu this time.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Brenda, sorry I never mentioned Tyto is doing so well for his 11 years hope you have him for a good many years too. It was nice to see the other dogs as well. I always enjoy reading your blog. Sorry I was remiss in not mentioning it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >