Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2016, 06:47 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, March 31

Good morning everyone, very quiet on the Daily Thread yesterday. I thought I had posted after I got back from the Docs but if I did it disappeared.

Mandy, I hope the tramadol has helped with the pain, they are very strong and an opiate which means you can become hooked on them. I know because I had a terrible time getting off them after taking them for years. They do however do the job. Our Docs surgery refuses to prescribe them.

June, glad you got the dogs out but shame you couldn't groom them all.

Glad Dillon seemed ok on his walk yesterday, hope he is on the improve.

Norma, hope Mr Fritz is going on ok and that you too are feeling better.

Harvey, hope you, your OH and Casey are doing ok.

Jenny, hope you and Brian are ok now and Brenda, Griff et al keep well. Griff, hope you found your package!

My Doctor has decided that I should along with about 60 of his other 'elderly' patients have special treatment in other words rather than going to A and E should we need immediate treatment we have been given a separate telephone number to that of the surgery and will get either a district nurse or the doctor themselves to come out to us. Sounds good. Also had to complete a questionnaire about my final days! Where I want to end up, hospital, hospice or home. I said it was too soon really to say but would opt for hospice and would prefer no resuscitation should I stop breathing and my heart stop. Not a pleasant subject to have to discuss but I did say it depended very much on whether I am compes mentus at the time. I did point out that I am struggling with climbing in and out of the bath to have a shower at the moment and really need accommodation with a shower room. It was good to get all this on file.

Have a good day all, looks like it could be a nice day. Stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Seemed a productive visit Moyra if a tad depressing on some subjects.

Mandy hope your feeling better.
Hope everyone including all doglets are well today.

Lovely sunny day here. I am meeting Tracey at one of our park and ride car parks and we are having a day out together in Cambridge. Handy when others can drive too as you can do a halfway meet. My friend Julie does drive but is not confident enough to drive the motorway and is terrified of getting lost. So I let her off. Gill just doesn't drive.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2016, 09:27 AM
Morning all
Sounds like a good visit Moyra, i have been through all my plans myself...down to the fact that there is to be no funeral service for me and i wanted the cheapest coffin known to man...if i can get away with out one all the better.
Lynn, sometimes i wish i had got my licence but i know in all honesty it would end in a prison sentence....i get sooooooo angry with people. I hope you have a lovely day and you keep your lovely sunshine for your trip
Well, today will be spent hanging about for at least one of us waiting on a courier to maybe turn up with my missing parcel....i won't hold my breath. i need to take my vest and tshirt back to primarni, not happy with the fit of either of them, i normally have a 10 but they looked small so i got a 14...no way on this earth are they anywhere near that size, put it next to a size 10 that i had before from there and they are smaller!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Yes, Griff, I am the same do not want any funeral and like you would be happy with a black sack take away for my body if it were legal. Lol. It's incredible the size differences in some of these shops.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Was wondering how you had gone on at the docs, Moyra. I got caught up in other things later on in the evening, watched Supervet and then the rest of the time disappeared. Got girls brekkies ready, had a soak, bobbed on to see if there was any news from anyone, there wasn't and went to sleep.
Everyone had a thorough do today as although it was cold at first, the sun came out and all had a good play about. Still muddy but not as bad as it was. Getting stuff ready to take to the tip, put the bin liners outside the back gate to collect on my way out and there is a drain van there at someone's house at the back of me, so giving him time to go before I appear, as I can't get down with the van there.
Have a lovely afternoon out Lynn, hope the weather over there is as lovely as it is here.
Moyra, will the doctor support an application from you if you bid for a ground floor flat of any type on the grounds of your health and disability
Griff, got everything crossed for the delivery to appear for you today.
I put the flea/tick collars on the girls the other night, yesterday when I was cleaning up I kept coming across bits of black plastic, thought it was some more of the bucket Zen is redesigning, then I found a big piece and it was one of the collars, her mother's to be exact
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Good afternoon

Pleased the visit to the drs went well and perhaps he can put some pressure on the powers that be for your much needed rehousing.

Enjoy ur afternoon with Tracey Lynn and have a safe journey.

We can guess who has eaten the collar then. Naughty step for her. You have had a busy morning there June now have a rest this afternoon.

I am late today as also been busy. Teazle walked, tip run done and called in at M &S for some much needed cake for tomorrow as my lovely friend is coming for the afternoon. Home then I scarified the lawn and also ran the spiker thingy over it. Lunch cooked and now eaten so having a rest before taking Teazle out again.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Evening everyone not long back met Tracey at 11 got our tickets hopped on the bus to hit Cambridge. had a great time together mostly getting her side of the story too.
She did say she was contemplating calling it off we are both glad she didn't. Treated her to lunch it's her birthday in a couple of weeks and we won't see her so that's her treat and we will send some vouchers for the day.
I said to her she is very welcome to come and stay for a few days if she ever needs a break and she said she may well do.

Having a sit down then Gorden and I are popping to the pub next door for the monthly meeting. Missed last months due to being under the weather.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Glad its going well with Tracey, could easily have gone the other way couldn't it.
Have a nice night at the pub as well, you GadAbout, You
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2016, 05:35 PM
So nice to be getting on June. Bit disappointed in Mark but there you go he has made his choice and nothing either of us can do. She is slowly getting over him but not sure she will fully recover.
I will need to take to my bed for a week after today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Yeah, you'll be a bit creaky and jiggered tomorrow, but you can have a quiet day can't you, not like you've got to go to a Board Meeting or anything
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >