Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 02:15 AM

Fleas

A while ago I got 2 new kittens and after a few days I noticed they had alot of fleas on them ,I got them into the vets for some treatment the drop on the back of the neck stuff ,but now it seems like my daughters room seems to be their breeding space as the kittens still keep getting more fleas on them even tho this stuff should still be killing them and my daughter is getting bitten every night ,I think they must be breeding in her carpet or somthing ,the cats all spend most of the day slobing about in her room ,I havent really seen any on the dogs yet but I'm getting really worried my house is going to be turned into a flea haven ,what is the best way to get rid of the lil ******s before they take over the rest of the house and how best to get them out of my daughters room ,I have been dropping lavender oil all over the place as I have read that they dont like this and also I feed the dogs garlic a few times a week
help
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2005, 03:02 AM
You could try a 'flea bomb' in the room, (read the instructions/constituents as they can contain quite powerful chemicals). If the infestation is really bad throughout the house you will need to get a pest control firm to deal with it. Once the fleas have been eradicated then you can make a fresh start with the preventatives.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2005, 06:14 AM
You can get sprays to do the job, Acclaim is a very good one as it kills the eggs as well as any juvenile or adult fleas, also you need to keep the treatment of the cats going as well.

Female fleas jump onto the dog, cat or person to take blood then they jump off again in order to go and lay eggs in the carpet and soft furniture. So to get rid you need to treat the environment and the cats, the spray lasts for 7 months once you have used it as instructed but the drops for the cats only lasts I think a month. The stuff you treat the cats with stops the fleas that bite the cats from being able to produce eggs so you need to treat both, house and cats.