Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 08:48 PM

Holly's, season?

Just been grooming Holly she's entered at Blackpool champ show on Saturday she is very swollen and has a white discharge. Thought Alfie was getting a little frisky with her earlier on today. All was normal yesterday when i bathed her. Question is..... Holly has always had ten monthly seasons, but if she is coming into season now it will only be six and a half months since her last one. I,ve been giving her the folic acid tabs now for two weeks could they have speeded things up a bit? she is also having wheatgerm oil caps and evening primrose oil caps, she is in beautiful condition BTW . Any thoughts, i,m not prepared as i really didn,t expect her season until about September
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Is it Holly that you intend mating this time? If it is that's excellent news, I've always given my girls folic acid and wheat germ, but it's never brought them in any earlier!

How exciting, some more cocker pups and at least you will have a quieter christmas than you originally thought.

Are you going to use your Alfie for stud? Have any of your others been in season recently? this seems to bring mine in together, hence the litters at the same time.

Good luck
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:18 PM
one of mine used to go 10mths then started going 6 ........ good luck
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi CC, yes Holly is the one that missed last time. I,m hoping to use our dog Alfie, he has sired two litters so is fertile, puppies were all blues. Am going to have a word with our vet next week as Alfie did have struvite crystals (clear last check week before last). Vet said that his were diet related but i,m not sure if he will be ready to use yet. Hopefully things will be o.k and we can go ahead and mate them both. Fingers crossed all goes to plan
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Thanks Inca will need it
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:37 PM
looks like we may have litters at the same time
good luck
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Thanks and you too Natalie
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Mine start leaving next week, so it will be nice to sit back and watch somebody else's litters being born.

It seems to have flown by this time, I suppose I didn't have the extra hard work of hand rearing a whole litter this time, just the one little chap.

Good luck to you both
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:23 PM
thanks CC
the only thing i wish is that it would cool down a little
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Well Holly is still very swollen, but no bleeding yet, think this is going to be a difficult one , haven,t had to seperate Alfie from her yet as he is just ''interested'' at the moment consequently she is trying to keep her bum firmly glued to the ground. Wonder whether i should count the colourless days or not?