Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
How horrid BUT it doesn't sound like premeditated cruelty or anything - maybe the person was very frightened and misjudged the kick ... I "kicked away" some scary geese that were stalking me the other day - not really kicked them but as I didn't touch any of them as was my intention merely to shoo them off and I wasn't doing well with handwaving ....

I know it is still awful and a tragedy but the intention was very possibly just to shoo the dog away - I know people who are scared enough of dogs that they would react that way (but then they wouldn't go walking in a park where they'd be likely to meet them ...)
This report upset me so much.
I really hope that you are right muddiwarx- if not it makes me ashamed to be in the human race!!
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
This report upset me so much.
I really hope that you are right muddiwarx- if not it makes me ashamed to be in the human race!!

Sadly I often feel this way - the people are vile whatever the reasoning as they didn't hang around or apologise or anything - totally awful. Animals are way nicer than people aren't they
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Sadly I often feel this way - the people are vile whatever the reasoning as they didn't hang around or apologise or anything - totally awful. Animals are way nicer than people aren't they
Yep - I think we are just clutching at straws in an attempt to make an excuse for what is really just mindless violence!
That really has made me feel slightly sick all afternoon, i just keep imagining Werm running over to a group of boys like that and if it happened to her
As i said in another post....sometimes ignorance is a bliss!!
Natalia_leigh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 06:21 PM
That is awful i can't feel any more sorry for that little girl makes angry to think of the pain that poor puppy went through!
Ive had a young person come quite close to Bentley and she turned round and said move your dog or i'll kick it! I turned round and said kick my dog and i'll kick you, i had no intention of doing such a thing but i was'nt having someone 5 years younger than me threaten my harmless loving dog while on his much earnt walk.
But it's not just younger people ive had a problem with ive been sat on a park bench having a hot chocolate with bentley lay next to me on his lead and an old man in his 80's walked pasted and wacked him so hard with his walking stick Bentley yelped out and hid inbetween my legs!
Poor bentley had just been snoozing! I was mortified.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Sickening! What vile people there are in this world!!

Now, I know I will get jumped on for saying this but I have to ask what was a 10 week old puppy doing not only outside BUT off the lead!!!???
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

Now, I know I will get jumped on for saying this but I have to ask what was a 10 week old puppy doing not only outside BUT off the lead!!!???
Don't forget not everyone vaccinates their dogs.
I had my dog offlead as soon as we could go for walks!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2009, 11:06 PM
this make me sick, what b*****ds. was nice to hear a member of the public tried to resuscitate the pup though, gives some hope about the human race...

How horrid BUT it doesn't sound like premeditated cruelty or anything - maybe the person was very frightened and misjudged the kick ... I "kicked away" some scary geese that were stalking me the other day - not really kicked them but as I didn't touch any of them as was my intention merely to shoo them off and I wasn't doing well with handwaving ....

I know it is still awful and a tragedy but the intention was very possibly just to shoo the dog away - I know people who are scared enough of dogs that they would react that way (but then they wouldn't go walking in a park where they'd be likely to meet them ...)
i think it was intentionally... the poor pups skull was fractured... that shouldnt happen from just 'shooing' a puppy away...

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

i let jake off lead as soon as he could go for walks... i dont see whats wrong with it...
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2009, 11:12 PM
i let jake off lead as soon as he could go for walks... i dont see whats wrong with it...
[/QUOTE]

Me too!! I hate having dogs on the lead and think the sooner they get used to being off the better they behave off and then the more often they can be off.....

regardless, I cannot believe we are discussing whether the puppy should have been on or off the lead- i doesn't matter what it was doing- IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN KICKED IN THE HEAD!!!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's all I can say on a public board!

Updated 1st post with picture and another link.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's all I can say on a public board!

Updated 1st post with picture and another link.
me too!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >