Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2015, 09:49 PM

An Owner Who Should Be Euthanized

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...nx-dog-attack/

It was said the owner had a few words with the victim and then dropped the leashes. She was put under psych evaluation and has six charges pending. Put her to sleep and try to rehab the dogs. Dear G-d, more bad press for our pups because of some monster who shouldn't be trusted with a goldfish.

Those dogs had to have been taught to attack. My baby boy...if someone leaped out of the bushes and started to beat me, he would attack. Otherwise he would just stand his ground and make frightful noises. She knew those dogs would attack and gave her permission.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
Those dogs had to have been taught to attack.
Of course they were. No dog will attack a human or another dog UNLESS some human has trained it to do so, I don't care what anyone says that is a fact. Yet humans have an amazing ability to ignore facts and live by double standards and in cases like this it's kill the dog and let the human go with a slap on the wrist.

Like you say it should be the other way around.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2015, 11:59 PM
While I don't agree that only dogs who have been trained to attack will attack, I do agree that some people really should not have dogs. They aren't weapons and they really should not be used as such. She had absolutely no control over the dogs and they were attacking with everything they had.

BTW, I have to say... after looking at that video, those dogs need to be euthanized. They literally were vicious, attacking everything in sight and dealing nasty damage to that man. I am not one to say try to rehabilitate dogs like this. There are too many good dogs in the world to toy with dogs that would do this.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2015, 02:51 AM
Sorry to say I agree. They say that one dog was licking blood off the ground while still eyeing the victim. Those poor dogs probably wouldn't be stable enough to live with humans again. Hope they nail the owner.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2015, 07:16 AM
How horrific.
Unfortunately those dogs will have to be put to sleep they are a danger not through their own fault but still a danger.
The woman well I hope they lock her up and throw away the key. Not sure what your laws are like in the US here it would most likely be a slap on the wrist.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2015, 07:39 AM
I haven't read the article yet but sadly some dogs do attack without being trained to attack. I know from sad experience that they do. Something sets them off and no one knows why.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Of course they were. No dog will attack a human or another dog UNLESS some human has trained it to do so, I don't care what anyone says that is a fact.
You cannot be serious!

Yet humans have an amazing ability to ignore facts and live by double standards and in cases like this it's kill the dog and let the human go with a slap on the wrist.

Like you say it should be the other way around.
Absolutely.
outhval
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2015, 10:52 AM
I agree with all the above comments. My dog was attacked by a Rottweiler just after an operation for removal of a cancer tumour on his hip. There were two of them, but the "leader" was the attacker. My dog was terrified and ended up dragging my son along the road. He ended up with two nasty puncture bites. Although if the Rotty was really serious he could have ripped him apart. Heard later that he wasn't the first dog to be attacked by this dog. The owner's son just stood there watching after he had left his front door open while talking to his friend and also his front gate. People of this mentality should not be allowed to own dogs.
I just couldn't watch the video, but hope that women gets what she deserves! Unfortunately, the dogs will now have to be euthanased all because some dog owners have no idea how to keep or train a dog. Sad, sad, sad..!!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2015, 11:45 AM
Lynn, the USA is mostly the same way. She will probably get a fine and be released. Slap on the wrist in most of these cases unfortunately.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Dreadful isn't it ? Its as bad in my opinion as going out with a loaded gun or a sharp weapon knowing you will end up causing injury possibly death.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >