View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 10:00 PM
June - Hope the finger is quickly mended and that it's only bad bruising. I had no idea they had mucked up your Market Hall, visited it a time or two over the years and always thought it was one of the finest features of the old town centre. Seem to remember a very good cheese stall too, where you could get all manner of rare varieties, long before they became readily available in supermarkets and so on! Such is the way with Councils nowadays it would seem - they just don't know when to stop their pernicious meddling.Hope you enjoy your lunch date on monday - perhaps you could round it off with a nice trip on that gigantic ferris wheel in Piccadilly!lol!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Yeah its been gone a few years now, I always used to go in there and have a sit down and a bite to eat, couldn't afford to even buy a coffee in the place they have there now. Bolton, from being a busy shopping centre, is now a ghost town with more shops empty than full 1 week before Christmas and I parked with no trouble, walked into empty shops, and barely saw a soul on the streets Finger is very sore indeed, a sign of things to come over the next few weeks. They'll all be out tomorrow, I think the rain kept them indoors today, and between Christmas and New Year its going to be the stuff of nightmares. Please pray for dry weather and I can hide on the river!! Won't be going on the Ferris Wheel makes me sick to just look at it. Did you see the band busking on the corner of London Road and Piccadilly Gardens they are really good, I'm sure I recognise the singer, but can't place him
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Missed the band June - got off on the Plaza side and then went down Market St to the Arndale, but could hear someone playing in the distance. It was very busy so was more inclined to get the Shopping done than indulge myself in a bit of gawking (this is what the Mem accuses me of when I'm interested in something and she isn't) perhaps it's some old time Rock n' Roller who has fallen on hard times? The Xmas market has now spread right up to the top of Market St, there are weird must have stalls (as I call them everywhere). Know what you mean about the infestation of Eejits and their kids and dogs, drives me mad, they think they own everything and have no obligation to exercise any form of control over themselves or their kids/pets. I continually pray for bad weather on high days and holidays as this , as you so rightly pointed out, does seem to keep the worst offenders away.Here's something you'll like, when approaching the terminus of the tram system in Ashton (The Mem was with me as she wished to see that I purchased the ticket correctly - before leaving me to my own devices) there were a large gang of youths blocking the entrance to the platform and they were making everyone young and old alike - squeeze round them - they seemed to be enjoying this immensely. This all came to a halt when Gord appeared for I will not be intimidated by anything or body, so I just increased pace and headed for the middle of the arrogant little sods - this resulted in scattered youths wailing and shrieking all over the floor and me sailing blissfully on and mounting my tram unmolested. Glad they thought better of their conduct for that saved A&E from being very busy and me being in the local clink instead of shopping. So there you have it Todays Score: Old Gents 6 - Louts Nil. Must admit to rather enjoying it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Oh I always make a point of walking straight through those types, and glare at them as I do so. Yes this band are all of pensionable age, but they are good, seen them a few times over the last months and there is always a good audience around them. Just arranged to meet another friend in Manchester between Christmas and New Year, so will try and get a piccie either on Monday or later in the next week
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Looks like we're on our own on here tonight June - perhaps the others are all at that party of Eileen's. You know - the one we are not supposed to know about!!!!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah Gordon, perhaps, but WE know we are better than that
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Well said June! Wouldn't dream of frequenting the sort of place where even the stone statues are morally bankrupt! Last party they held there apparently ended with the old car-keys in the fruit bowl! Last thing a decent gent wants - could end up with summat Frizzy and grim!!!LOL!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Hello thought I'd pop in and say goo night. Listening to some music before trying to sleep and escape the noises in my head. Tinnitus is not good tonight. Night TW hope finger not so sore in the morning. Night Gordon Mac sorry you lost your cards.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-12-2014, 11:26 PM
It was losing his mind that really upset him Brenda. He's rung lost property, reported it to the police, advertised in the Oldham Chron and still its missing, he's fresh out of ideas, well good ones anyway. yeah Gordon, you could have ended up taking next doors poodle home couldn't you
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2014, 11:29 PM
Evening
Glad you survived Gordon, even if the wallet didn't
Was extra busy at work today when I got home hubby stayed up to chat and discuss Christmas shopping ( the food kind) we going really early Saturday morning
So much for a lie in oh well it's got to be done.
Hope your finger is ok TW, those type of dog owners seem to like to appear every now and then, I encountered one other day, young dog racing round, I explained Rosie not very good with dogs that run at her" it's ok she said, he just likes to play" I'm like yes but Rosie not so happy with dogs that launch themselves at her ( Rosie was on her lead) so Rosie grumbled at him, " she said " It's ok, he needs to be taught a lesson"
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »