View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 05:43 PM
No they didn't know they were cancerous before they took them off. The one on her shoulder is a sarcoma...I'll have to check the results letter to see what the others are. It's all a bit Greek to me! She's as happy as Larry at the moment, apart from remus seeming to get on her nerves a bit. He's had two hour long walks today so we'll be in for a very quiet evening.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
So sorry, sending huge hugs from me and mine xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Thank you. Xx
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Been thinking about her lots...there's just something about her...special girl Give her a Duffers hug from me,,please
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Been thinking about her lots...there's just something about her...special girl Give her a Duffers hug from me,,please
I will do. She's fast asleep on the sofa and has been dreaming making loads of funny noises, so much so that she woke Remus up. He lay on his back with his legs in the air eyeing her suspiciously for a while and has nodded off again now. Funny dogs.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2013, 10:39 PM
So sorry to read this, so very sad, love & hugs to you both xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Cath View Post
So sorry to read this, so very sad, love & hugs to you both xx
Thank you. Xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-12-2013, 11:07 PM
So sorry to hear that. Sending hugs from me and Loki to you both xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Sorry to hear this - hopefully things develop and change very slowly.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Hope you and Tonks are doing okay, Catrin. Jade has two large lumps under her belly. She's intact and apparently, these lumps are fairly common in older, intact bitches.

She's also had two removed in the past. Like 4-5 years ago. They were on her legs, and causing her problems. None are/were cancerous but of course have/had potential to become so.

One cannot be removed because of it's location and size (too large and too deep) and the other has been the same size/shape for 5 years now and doesn't need to be removed.

She is 11 and surgery just isn't a good idea unless absolutely necessary. Her heart is enlarged a bit and it's just a bad idea. I wanted to get her spayed a while back, but she was old and it wasn't recommended, either.

Probably should have done it, though. Would have certainly reduced the chances of these lumps appearing. Either way, hoping she doesn't develop a cancer or anything.

Lost my last Lab to cancer at age 15 to a squamous mast cell cancer tumor. Caught it too late, worthless veterinarian (long since changed). You seem like you've caught it early enough and Tonks might have a fragile system but I think she'll make it past the two years.

BTW... I have heard many good things about Atopica, and Nigredo does have some contact allergies. Not severe unless he rolls in it or something, but I cannot afford it at all, it's too expensive and he's not insured, and even if he was... the insurance wouldn't cover it
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >