Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:11 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good Morning all Dogsey peops

There is no smiley today I'm afraid, we have a lot of seriousness to deal with *reaches for another Kleenex* we are having to say farewell to a little fella, goes by the name of Che, who has become very close to our hearts along with yours June, but as we watch his little furry bottom trotting off, clutching his bags, with his lovely new owners, all will be well again, because we have 3 more left to drool over for a little while longer, one of which will be a permanent fixture in here. Anyway June, hope all goes well today, I have brought with me a jumbo box of tissues, there's more in Malka's linen cupboard I'm sure, if she can find them, and we wish him bon voyage and hope he will be loved and cherished his whole life through which I'm sure will be the case knowing you.

Chris, I hope Rosie settled for you last night, I was just catching up and saw she's in trouble again Good luck when you speak to the vet this morning or take her in, and I'm so sorry, you feel so very helpless, all you can do is watch and wait and be there for her to help her try and settle, which I hope she did eventually. My thought will be with you today.

Nikki, I hope you have come down to a wagging tail again this morning from Tai, and more than anything, I hope something's been expelled and all will be well.

Lynn, I hope you slept better last night with all your worries, and I'm glad you've decided to sell up and downsize, it really does give you great peace of mind, knowing whatever happens they can't take your house.

Up early, still dark, very windy, but no rain, slept like a log as I always do, and I suspect I got up early cos I want to be the first one in that Dunelm car park this morning at 9 am. I also suspect I'm not alone in my thinking here.

Hope everyone else is well, along with the doglets, and enjoy your day.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2013, 07:32 AM
'morning H and all followers

Have just been catching up on little Rosie and I also hope that the vet can find out what is wrong, poor little thing needs some good vibes now.

Che is on his way to a new home, I echo your thoughts in hoping and praying that they are good owners.

We have a the start of a thaw here, the snow has gone from the road and the car roof so all we need now is bit of sunshine and it'll all be gone.

Have a good day all of you out there.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Good morning Helena and all who follow.

Rosie stopped pacing at 1.30 am and finally settled down to sleep about 2 am.

Another 'cause' we can rule out is constipation because she did four (normal in respect of consistency) normal parcels yesterday without problems. She's been producing about half her normal amounts since this started so I thought the 'excess' was a good sign yesterday - how wrong was I?

Rightly or wrongly, I've kept her on the Wafcol this morning and she's gobbled it up. I'm going to ring Paolo again this morning when the vets open at 9.00 am, but I think he's as baffled as me at the moment and won't want to do more until the sample results come back. He did mention that, if it came back, we could stronger tablets for digestion aid last time though so maybe he'll give those today.

I'm pinning my hopes on the sample turning something up because it really is horrendous to watch her pace so obsessively. I need Malka's linen cupboard. Maybe the answer is in there because it seems to be where all the lost things are

Big day for little Che today. Good luck little fella on your new adventure that will hopefully be filled with a lifetime of fun, laughter and lots and lots of love.

Have a good 'un all!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post

Another 'cause' we can rule out is constipation because she did four (normal in respect of consistency) normal parcels yesterday without problems. She's been producing about half her normal amounts since this started so I thought the 'excess' was a good sign yesterday - how wrong was I?

Rightly or wrongly, I've kept her on the Wafcol this morning and she's gobbled it up. I'm going to ring Paolo again this morning when the vets open at 9.00 am, but I think he's as baffled as me at the moment and won't want to do more until the sample results come back. He did mention that, if it came back, we could stronger tablets for digestion aid last time though so maybe he'll give those today.

I'm pinning my hopes on the sample turning something up because it really is horrendous to watch her pace so obsessively. I need Malka's linen cupboard. Maybe the answer is in there because it seems to be where all the lost things are

Big day for little Che today. Good luck little fella on your new adventure that will hopefully be filled with a lifetime of fun, laughter and lots and lots of love.

Have a good 'un all!
I know I am repeating myself but was she OK in just chicken..(q).

There are perforce stabilisers in all dried foods.

The best elimination diet is the simple one we suggested.

Good luck today
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning H and all followers

Have just been catching up on little Rosie and I also hope that the vet can find out what is wrong, poor little thing needs some good vibes now.

Che is on his way to a new home, I echo your thoughts in hoping and praying that they are good owners.

We have a the start of a thaw here, the snow has gone from the road and the car roof so all we need now is bit of sunshine and it'll all be gone.

Have a good day all of you out there.
Morning Harvey That's quite unusual to have a thaw so soon over there isn't it? I'm sure it'll all be back before you know it though. Enjoy it while it lasts then.

Originally Posted by Brierley View Post

Have a good 'un all!
Morning Chris, glad she finallly settled and good luck with the chat with Paolo. When Zena had the Zitac for a week along with ab's, I wasn't happy, she wasn't right, so he then gave me the Zantac (the one that coats, but don't know which ones you are on?)and I have to say, these were a lot, lot better for her, and I got worried what we'd dowhen we finished them a week later. She got worse before she got better at the end of all the medication, but then all of a sudden, she just bounced back to full health after all the medication stopped (except for this Metro one a day) just like that, totally changed and was back to normal and touch wood has been ever since. Maybe as Dave said to me at the time, all that medication doesn't really help at the time, it must make them feel bad? All the best Chris.xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning Helena and everyone.

Oh yes a sad day for us here to see the first of the naughties go on their way to their new life.
I am sure we have no worries though as knowing June she will of done her best to source the right homes for them.

Chris I am sorry to hear Rosie has an unsettled night again I hope she is better this morning and the vet can get to the bottom of the problem.
I also hope Pepsi had a better day and night and of course more get well vibes for Tai.

Woke again about 4am and got up at 6am dozed on and off till then. Gorden heavy breathing and snoring in my ear doesn't help.
We have to do the move and now seriously start do the house up best we can this end with little money unless Gorden lands a job of course in which case we still be going but for the prices of the places we are looking at we still may get a 3 bedroom and have a spare room for when the kids want to stay. If it has to be a 2 bed that's fine they can camp on a floor or in the garden if the weather is nice. Just need to find the energy now to start.

Dillon and I are going to have a very blustery walk today I think I may need lead boots but hopefully there will be no rain.

Take care all and have a good day.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Morning Helena - a sad but ultimately happy day for you then. Morning to everyone else too.

I need someone to come and light a rocket under my bum. I've got SO much to do today and I just cannot get motivated to start and get on with it.

And it's RAINING again!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Morning Helena - a sad but ultimately happy day for you then. Morning to everyone else too.

I need someone to come and light a rocket under my bum. I've got SO much to do today and I just cannot get motivated to start and get on with it.

And it's RAINING again!
If you find someone can you send them here when they have sorted you.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Collie is settling; she often has a barkathon the day after I have been out all day, kind of delayed separation anxiety

The latest gale has been battering all night and soon will ease but no end in sight to all this

Y'day was it seens the best day to be out and yet I am fine staying home; spent literally years housebound in the past.

Drove out with the light in the east on the right and the full moon on the left, through some of Ireland ;s lands

Miles of forests then this...

This site has some awesome pictures

http://skelligphoto.blogspot.ie/2012...nty-kerry.html

Sightseeing etc; a wide beach strewn with storm debris,, the car was rocking so stayed in it!

HUGE shop... all stocked up again,, trailed to several butchers and came home with enough bones and scraps etc for a week.. they sell their chicken carcasses to a place for stock but am trying with a smaller foreign butcher.

Some good meat bones so both slow cookers are on.. one for me, one for the dogs...

Admired hens on sale at a market but cannot take any,, kind man have me eggs...

Library and prescription...

Birdsong is so loud it startles and the cats are still wired to the moon

So home safe and ready work wise now

Stay safe and dry out there
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Morning H and all,

I have some good news this morning. Kyiro is now doing very well and actually ran in from the garden this morning. So when I took him and Lily for a walk I thought I would take them a bit further and see how he went. We walked for about 35mins and he trotted happily along enjoying himself, no limping. He is now enjoying a well earned snooze before his breakfast.
He will have another 20min walk with Lily this afternoon and I will slowly build him up so hopefully he will soon be able to join us on our organised greyhound walks again, which are about an hour long.

Sorry to hear Rosie is still poorly. I wonder if a combination of Zantac and Antepsin would help. Its what Milo had for his IBD and it stopped all the runs etc and its what Lily has when she is poorly with her tummy. Has your vet mentioned an Endoscope to check whats going on in her system and get a firm diagnosis?

Good luck to little Che and I hope he has many happy years in his new home.

Lynn I have obviously missed something and I am sorry you are having to look at moving so soon. I did see a couple of jobs advertised yesterday for English teachers for year 5's. I don't know if that would suit Gordon?
Hoping Tai and any other poorly doggies are feeling much improved today.

Take care all and I hope everyone has a good day.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »