Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 07:17 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Morning Everyone

Hope everyone is full of the joys this morning, waiting to face another day like I am Hope you managed to calm that norty boy Dillon down a bit Lynn, but as the old saying goes "if you can't beat 'em", I'm sure he must be a little bit unsettled with the change at home, as Zena was when Dave used to leave for his 3 days - do you remember, I posted up about it she seemed so depressed whilst he was gone, but not anymore, she knows the routine now.

Well, it's very still and quiet out there this morning, I'm hoping the sun will show its face, but thankfully the forecast was wrong for us as we don't have thick fog, and I hope you don't either, but if you do, then have a safe journey to work.

Dave's home tonight, so I'll be making a curry today, he has lived on sarnies and fruit for 3 days, so he looks forward to his first meal when he gets home. Although I'll be making the curry, the bahji's and naans will come courtesy of Sainsburys, so I'd better get myself off there this morning.

I've got to load the car with all the left over insulation and take that up to the van and stuff it inside ready for Dave to fit underneath tomorrow, strip the beds, bring home what I can, as we've decided to shut it down until my guests arrive for the Christmas week. Bit of a paiin actually, that I accepted that booking, but I don't want to ruin their Christmas by cancelling it. These caravans have to be drained down and wintered out when it starts getting frosty, but instead of doing that, I'm going to have to pop up there every other day and put the fire on. We might turn the water off and the boiler, so at least we won't get any burst pipes before Christmas.

Hope everyone is feeling good today, no colds, no stress, and hoping all the doglets are well and raring to get out - mine's upside down in bed!

Another busy day on the cards here then, enjoy yours and don't work too hard.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Morning H and all

The joys of caravans H, I am sure the people coming at Christmas will appreciate it. I have bought a cover for mine as it has developed a small leak, I put the dehumidifier on every now and again, it's too cold to do a repair atm.

Yesterday was a success, my cousin liked the care home, he has his own en-suite room, it's a very happy place and only one other male there! He wanted to know when I could book him in. I will be collecting him in the morning and dropping him off in time for supper, so that's him sorted for Christmas.

Nothing planned for today apart from dog walking and maybe get the hoover out (doesn't happen too often), at least it's dry today.

Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2012, 07:31 AM
Morning Helena and all.

I saw the replies to Dillons naughtiness when I got up this morning. 4 indeed and not settled down. I am hiding back under my duvet.
He did eventually settle so I switched the lights off and went to bed and it wasn't long before I joined him in the land of zzzzz's. We will see what today brings at the moment he is finishing his second kong and will then be waiting by the freezer for his chicken wing.
I do moan about him sometimes and some days it really is a battle of wills with him he is really trying to make his mark at the moment and I have to be tuff sometimes. But I remember Ollie and how calm he was and we thought it was because he was grown up and it wasn't it was because he was so ill.
So although frustrated some days I do count myself lucky I have a healthy happy naughty boy.
Only 2 more years to go as the saying goes with this breed 3 years a young dog 3 years a good dog 3 years an old dog anything else is a blessing.

Hoping for another skype session later today and maybe some more news about when Gorden will leave Almaty. If they are being flown there for the 27th hopefully they will be leaving by the 28th. Fingers crossed.
Sounds like you will be busy busy buy today Helena.
Hows the finger ?

Have a good day all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Morning Gerry To think you were all worried that he wouldn't want to go, and now it seems like he's quite excited about it Well done. I might get one of those humidifiers, it could be a lot better than the salt that we put everywhere, but thankfully, it doesn't get damp.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Morning H and all

The joys of caravans H, I am sure the people coming at Christmas will appreciate it. I have bought a cover for mine as it has developed a small leak, I put the dehumidifier on every now and again, it's too cold to do a repair atm.

Yesterday was a success, my cousin liked the care home, he has his own en-suite room, it's a very happy place and only one other male there! He wanted to know when I could book him in. I will be collecting him in the morning and dropping him off in time for supper, so that's him sorted for Christmas.

Nothing planned for today apart from dog walking and maybe get the hoover out (doesn't happen too often), at least it's dry today.

Have a good day all.
Morning Gerri that must be a weight off your mind.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena and all.

I saw the replies to Dillons naughtiness when I got up this morning. 4 indeed and not settled down. I am hiding back under my duvet.
He did eventually settle so I switched the lights off and went to bed and it wasn't long before I joined him in the land of zzzzz's. We will see what today brings at the moment he is finishing his second kong and will then be waiting by the freezer for his chicken wing.
I do moan about him sometimes and some days it really is a battle of wills with him he is really trying to make his mark at the moment and I have to be tuff sometimes. But I remember Ollie and how calm he was and we thought it was because he was grown up and it wasn't it was because he was so ill.
So although frustrated some days I do count myself lucky I have a healthy happy naughty boy.
Only 2 more years to go as the saying goes with this breed 3 years a young dog 3 years a good dog 3 years an old dog anything else is a blessing.

Hoping for another skype session later today and maybe some more news about when Gorden will leave Almaty. If they are being flown there for the 27th hopefully they will be leaving by the 28th. Fingers crossed.
Sounds like you will be busy busy buy today Helena.
Hows the finger ?

Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn Glad he settled eventually. Zena sometimes just sits and stares at me for aaaaages when I climb into bed at 9.30 and I'm staring at the telly on the wall. Don't know what's worse, her doing her mad zoomies on and off the bed and charging around the house for 5 mins whilst I hide myself under the duvet, or that staring!! Turning the lights out is good, it always works for me.

Hope you get a nice catch up with Gorden this morning, we can't wait to hear what was on the menu for breakfast I'm getting quite enthralled with that caffateria Enjoy your day and I'll keep my fingers crossed on the Dillon front.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Morning all

Very damp & foggy this morning but not cold,it had started to go foggy last night on the way back from college and was hanging in the dips in the road.

Just doing the usual chores today,have a fair bit of laundry to get through,then off to Lizzie's presentation evening tonight at her old school,she is up for a special maths award
Must remember the camera

Lizzie's off to Slimbridge today with the college as part of her course to see all the birds & wildlife
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Morning Nechda, morning all

Sun is shining, no clouds so a beautiful clear day albeit a bit hot again, but no outing for Pereg today I am afraid because of the escalation of the nasties and we have been told to stay in unless it is urgent. I buzzed across to the macolet early to stock up on what vegetables and fruit he had as there will be no more delivered until ??? Luckily Pereg does not seem to be fazed by the sirens and boom booms but I do not think it is doing my BP much good.

All schools are closed and there are three large school buses outside the macolet, lots of activity with kids turning up - no idea if they are just going somewhere for the day or what.

I think I am getting a bit scared now but trying not to show it as I do not want Pereg to start getting anxious.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Good Morning One and All xxx

Fog this morning.....typical because I wanted to strip the shed out, still hopefully it will lift alittle later on.

Thankfully Foster son has gone to school, he really is not a morning person, which makes me dread mornings because I find myself being awkward....it rubs off you know
Yesterday I did him porridge for breakfast which he ate but claimed he didn't like, and preferred toast
This morning I did toast and he asked for porridge that;s when I became awkward and said there was not enough milk

Its not my thing in the morning.... I wake up full of the joys of spring I except everyone else to

well off for a browse and then wrap up and off to do the shed

Have a great day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Nechda, morning all

Sun is shining, no clouds so a beautiful clear day albeit a bit hot again, but no outing for Pereg today I am afraid because of the escalation of the nasties and we have been told to stay in unless it is urgent. I buzzed across to the macolet early to stock up on what vegetables and fruit he had as there will be no more delivered until ??? Luckily Pereg does not seem to be fazed by the sirens and boom booms but I do not think it is doing my BP much good.

All schools are closed and there are three large school buses outside the macolet, lots of activity with kids turning up - no idea if they are just going somewhere for the day or what.

I think I am getting a bit scared now but trying not to show it as I do not want Pereg to start getting anxious.
(((Hugs))) Malka I did think of you when I heard the news.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »