Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2006, 06:17 PM

free broadband offer

Anyone signed up to the free broadband deal with Talk Talk ...just wondered before we commit ourselves...any thoughts on it????
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2006, 06:56 PM
A bloke at work is gonna sign up with them and told me their deal.

You pay £21 per month for their telephone package plus calls and theres a one off payment of £29 for the modem & engineers visit-plus obviously your BT line rental.You are contracted also to have it for atleast 18 months.When you break the costs down-you can see its not excally free,but neither is it expensive.

Its not a bad package,but is more than i pay at present (£9.99 per month from ntl).
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

19-05-2006, 02:11 AM
one big thing though

they block certain traffic

so if you use file sharing or you play online games you wont be able to with talk talk.

keep that in mind.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 08:19 AM
thanks...don't do file sharing or games...so shouldn't be a problem!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2006, 08:35 AM
We will be moving to talktalk once my contract with BT is up. For that £21 you also get your telephone line rental and i think free local calls up to an hour but you will have to check that one as i cant remember exactly! Oh and you keep your telephone number and dont have to pay line rental to BT
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2006, 12:51 PM
I am about to take up this deal too. I'm just holding out incase my mate who works at carphone warehouse can get us the £29.99 sign up fee waived!

I think my Mum switched to them recently. I'll check at the weekend & see what she thinks.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I thought i better post this update with the bloke at work who was gonna use Talk Talk.

He phoned them to order it and they told him cause he lives in a village-he was not entitled to the free service and would need another package.He already uses them for telephone calls and they said the total cost would be £31 per month for BB internet & unlimited calls which isnt too bad-then came the bomb shell...

They wouldnt be able to get an engineer out to him until end of August!

He told them he wouldnt be using their internet service afterall...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone...Steve they've said to us it will be September by the time we get the broadband...think they need to update exchanges etc...but have signed up for it as it's cheap calls etc as well....