View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I havent even opened the box yet, too scared, lol! I really need to get it set up whilst i'm still off work.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Leanne - I've just done the same thing (replaced ten year old desk top with new 64 bit machine) but my old one was really in a mess with virus's and heaven only knows what else on it.

But my problem is Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 which is nothing like the old Windows XP and IE whatever it was.

Can't help with transfering files across but how have you managed with out the little arrow that used to allow you to see all the pages on a web site you'd viewed, I can't find it anywhere and all the 'Help' pages are completely useless

And I seem to have lost the facilty to open multiple web sites and just click on them at the bottom, when you minimise one now it just vanishes, how do you handle multiple web pages that you want to keep open and just minimise while looking at some other one??????
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Rich C can you confirm that when MS introduced Windows 7 they deleted the facility to see pages you've just been on, how crazy is that now you can only use the 'back' and 'forward' arrows and this takes forever if you want to go back to e.g. Dogsey CP when you've been looking at 15 or more other pages. And this is upposed to be progress.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

31-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Sorry, I pay as little attention as possible to Windows. I have enough of it on servers at work. It is a PITA compared to a decent Linux distro.

Funnily enough, my father-in-law who was with us for Christmas commented that he had stopped using IE altogether and switched over to Firefox because he found it more intuitive. HTH...
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Leanne - I've just done the same thing (replaced ten year old desk top with new 64 bit machine) but my old one was really in a mess with virus's and heaven only knows what else on it.

But my problem is Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9 which is nothing like the old Windows XP and IE whatever it was.

Can't help with transfering files across but how have you managed with out the little arrow that used to allow you to see all the pages on a web site you'd viewed, I can't find it anywhere and all the 'Help' pages are completely useless

And I seem to have lost the facilty to open multiple web sites and just click on them at the bottom, when you minimise one now it just vanishes, how do you handle multiple web pages that you want to keep open and just minimise while looking at some other one??????
I still havent opened the box Losos so cannot comment on Windows 7! My friend who is a sales manager in a PC store told me that after using XP for so long, Windows 7 takes some serious getting used to.
I dont use IE neither, I use Google Chrome.

As for the bit in bold, I cannot actually think what arrow you are referring to
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
commented that he had stopped using IE altogether and switched over to Firefox because he found it more intuitive. HTH...
I think that's what I need 'more intuituive' but still worried I might get in a mess and everything will go bang

Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I still havent opened the box Losos so cannot comment on Windows 7! My friend who is a sales manager in a PC store told me that after using XP for so long, Windows 7 takes some serious getting used to.
I dont use IE neither, I use Google Chrome.
It does but with the help of OH I have managed to sort most of the problems, got the home page I want (and binned MSM) and found how to 'stack' multiple web pages so we're getting there, but it is different and I can't for the life of me understand why they moved the favorites button from the top left to top right ...........WHY move it grrrrrrrrrr
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Well, I opened the box, plugged everything in, switched it on and it set itself up, I couldnt believe it! No farting about putting this disk in and that floppy disk in, turning it off then turning it back on blah blah.

I'm online with it but thats as far as i've managed to get. Once I transfer my media and files across then i'll have a play setting it up how I want.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
then i'll have a play setting it up how I want.
I'd really appreciate it if you can find out how to jump around pages on Dogsey and if your 'Todays Posts' and 'New Posts' search thingy works 'cos mine doesn't

ETA:-
Oh BTW where is your 'favorites' button - on the top left or on the top right
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2