Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
no one has suggested that the 514,000 people who graciously signed the petition are dog owners ! the signatures were collected from citizens who support dog owners who have docked breeds. a lot of people put time and effort into collecting the signatures. they were asked to print their names & addresses on the forms and did so willingly. you're not going to tell me that all the MPs who voted in favour of the act are dog owners !!. also check with the KC yourself, get your FACTS right, for goodness sake !!
HERE,HERE,YOU HAVE A POINT THERE!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
This thread was about KC obeying the law regarding docking... The debate about the rights and wrongs of docking was in another thread.
But it's turned out an interesting thread anyway... Just a little surprised as I said, that people are willing to stop breeding simply because they can no longer hack off bits of their pups
Wow hacking,i'snt that a bit extreme puppies tails arent hacked off.I RECKON MANY A VET WOULD TEND TO DISAGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT! It's no wonder people are horrified by docking when they hear statements like that.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I'll repeat again as I have in other threads, the only shoot I've been on had a dog with a tail injury, it was a DOCKED one, when that happened it became clear to me that docking DOES NOT prevent tail injuries so why take them off, you might as well wait and see.
Still, the point is moot. The KC have to obey the law, as do all UK citizens and that's it. This thread was started on the incorrect info that the KC were going to refuse to register docked puppies and despite repeated requests no evidence for that staement was forth coming, nor indeed evidence to back up the massive 514,000 (alleged) petition which is more signatures than the estimate dog population in Scotland. There really is no further point in arguing about docking, it's over, pro-dockers failed to get their views across in a manner which made sense backed up be research. They've had plenty of time to do studies etc but they chose not to just relying on the 'freedom of choice' view when it's an animal welfare issue.
It's over, if you no longer want to breed so be it. I'm just so pleased that now I can enter the show ring and not be penalised because the dog has a tail.
Becky
so you think you were being penalised because your dog has a tail , why is this ?? are you're suggesting that other dogs in the ring that were docked looked better than yours, in the judges opinion !!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Its only a matter of time before the re-homing kennels all over the country are in-undated with even more unwanted puppies.Because breeders who are'nt watchful on the situation continuing to breed without homes booked in advance are going to have people saying ,"Oh no, i dont want one with a tail!" I for one would'nt dream of breeding without being 100% sure i had them all homes to go to.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2007, 11:56 PM
I had to laugh at the phrase spitting out the dummy.As i said earlier docking is only the beginning,once they get their teeth into all the other breeds i dont think we will just see dummy spitting going on.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Wow hacking,i'snt that a bit extreme puppies tails arent hacked off.I RECKON MANY A VET WOULD TEND TO DISAGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT! It's no wonder people are horrified by docking when they hear statements like that.
correct boobah !! people who make statements like that have NO idea about veterinary surgical procedures , vets are highly qualified surgeons. statements like that are called "dramatisation" to try and get their point over, if anyone said to a vet that he/she was a hacker , it's tantamount to slander .
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I had to laugh at the phrase spitting out the dummy.As i said earlier docking is only the beginning,once they get their teeth into all the other breeds i dont think we will just see dummy spitting going on.

Why do you consider it wrong to have measures taken [ hopefully ] to do something about breeds which suffer health problems and poor quality of life because of human aesthetic preference ?
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Why do you consider it wrong to have measures taken [ hopefully ] to do something about breeds which suffer health problems and poor quality of life because of human aesthetic preference ?
I'm glad to see you added (hopefully).I have three dogs all are docked and they have never had any problems health wise, i know you are going to comment that i have been lucky.However a qualified vet docked all of my dogs.As for quality i can't speak for others but my babies have an excellant standard of life.LOL
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Its only a matter of time before the re-homing kennels all over the country are in-undated with even more unwanted puppies.
This did not happen in the countries where it was banned years ago

Because breeders who are'nt watchful on the situation continuing to breed without homes booked in advance are going to have people saying ,"Oh no, i dont want one with a tail!"
Erm, hello...its the law now ! nyone wanting a pup will have to expect there to be tails attached from now on and if they don`t know that then they have`nt done enough research to be ready to have any dog imo

Any breeder not having an advnce waiting list is unethical anyway imo.
Many breeders over the years who did`nt dock before the law came in have always had long waiting lists of people wanting tailed dogs because there were so few breeders around who would leave tails on.
I personally know many many people who have got docked dogs but said it was only because they could`nt find a breeder who did not dock at the time in their prefered breeds and that they were gutted about not being able to find non-docking breeders when they were ready to have dog.
I know a man who waited 10 years for an undocked Weim because he refused to have a docked one, and a lady [ who another member here can confirm if she see`s this ], who waited two years for her whole Weim. Only one breeder she found in that time agreed to leave the tail on one pup [ and she had to wait a long time for a planned litter from that breeder ], and managed to get a second from the same breeder some time later.
You are very mistaken, [ or blinkered ], if you really think there will be no demand for undocked there always has been the demand but only now is it possible for most of those people to have the dog of their dreams complete with tail.

I for one would'nt dream of breeding without being 100% sure i had them all homes to go to.
That should be the case for every breeder full stop, tails have nothing to do with it :smt102
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Oops forgot to say i dont think its wrong to have an opinion,everyones entitled to have one.However i do object to scare mongering.
Page 27 of 30 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 >