View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 11:59 AM

Anyone used this ? Found it trying to find a reason for Toros spots...

http://www.longlifepetsupplements.co...-treatment.php
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
I havent tried the one you put a link upto, so cant comment on it, but I have tried Yumega in the past for the dogs when they had flaky skin or spots and it seemed to work.
http://www.4furryfeet.com/xcart/Yume...Skin-Coat.html
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I suppose they'd be worth a try? YOu might be better off getting some Vitamin E tablets perhaps? I don't like this kind of thing, I'm a bit paranoid about what I'm putting into my dogs, and shark's cartiledge speaks Chinese to me, so I'd be even more dubious, but that's just me! Lol!

If you really,really want to cure those hot spots, then get a tube of Fuciderm from your vet, it's £12 for a tube and it will heal one up in a day!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Helena, Fuciderm doesn't work on Toro...we've been avoiding the log grass ect and I stopped putting on her fleece harness cause I noticed the flying ant thingys were getting under the harness when we were stopping and I was wondering if wearing the hot fleece harness could be adding to them, I wash the fleece harnesses as and when they need it so I know there isn't any beasties on them, her spots aren't too bad atm, I'm still just reaserching and trying to figure them out...as we do
Mister has the vet tonight cause he looks like hes had a bite the same as Toros but because its on his elbow where he has pressure spots and discolouration I think it has become infected with whatever is underlying on his skin...he also had a smell to him the other day which I didn't like at all, it was the same smell Suki had just before we lost her, so getting him checked too, urine sample first, then poss blood done...xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
awww blimey, you sound like you're having a bit of a nightmare there, but don't worry too much about that smell with Mister, coz bacteria smells just like bacteria, and no matter what the problem was with Suki, the smell would be the same wouldn't it?! I get a terrible smell from Georgie's sometimes,especially when I've slapped on the vitamin E cream, it tends to bring it all to the surface somehow I think, but then it clears it up.

Shame about the Fuciderm coz it works a real treat on Georgie I couldn't be without a tube of it. Good luck at the vets, see what he says then.xxxx
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Are they angry and red wet spots or dry and flaky spots?

For the wet spots, if they are very red and angry I have applied hydrocortisone (from Boots off the shelf now), use it very sparingly as it's steroidal. I have had good success with this in the past, hydrocortisone for a couple of days, then a wash with a warm water, mild dettol solution - dry off, then apply sudocreme lavishly two - three times a day. If you catch it early when it is errupting, the mild dettol wash and sudocreme can nip it right in the bud.

Hope that is of some help, as I'm not too sure what/where kind of spots you have.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Now that's interesting for me too Magic - you can actually buy hydrocortisone off the shelf then? Can you say what it's called or is it called just that then please? I'm willing to try anything, coz Fucidern isn't exactly cheap for a large tube that I have to get each time £20! Plus I never thought of the Dettol either, I've always used Hibiscrub, but I will try that also! Thanks

Now this is worth a try Inkli, much better than those tablets I'm sure!
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Now that's interesting for me too Magic - you can actually buy hydrocortisone off the shelf then? Can you say what it's called or is it called just that then please? I'm willing to try anything, coz Fucidern isn't exactly cheap for a large tube that I have to get each time £20! Plus I never thought of the Dettol either, I've always used Hibiscrub, but I will try that also! Thanks

Now this is worth a try Inkli, much better than those tablets I'm sure!
I saw it on the shelf in Boots yesterday (£4 - £5, tube hydrocortisone 1% I think it states. Looks quite like a small tube of E45), before I used to have to ask for it over the counter stating it was for myself.

I had tried a great many treatments for my gsd in the past, no amount of ABs, injections or tablets from the vet ever helped. Still to this day I'm not entirely sure what would give rise to it, long grass and muck were obvious suspects but also, it could be indicative of something else going down with the dog - often it was unfortunately!

Can't stress enough about using it sparingly as it thins the skin amongst other potentially nasty side effects. Once I had stumbled across this treatement for him, on checking him regularly I was able to control it with just the dettol wash and sudocreme. You'll know if it's going to work for your dog very quickly, it took the fire out within a couple of days and pretty much healed within a few days. My dog would get very nasty and large angry outbreaks stretching from his groin and right along hin under tummy and inner thighs.

Magic stuff!