Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2023, 09:23 AM

Wednesday 26th April

Good morning everyone

Hope Dave like "his " new phone Chris and you manage to get the right one for Gary.

Take it easy today Kelly

Pleased you enjoyed your few days away Lynn

Overcast here today but at least it is dry. Yesterday busy taking and picking up the girls and then waiting until Ben got home. Today done the school run and back again this afternoon. Teazle walked and veg done for lunch. Now sitting having a coffee and I think that will be all until I go out

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2023, 02:32 PM
Took Steve some dinner and bits, met him from work just a quick hi and bye.
Walked the dogs and just about to commence battle with the ruddy horsetail again from next door, made dinner yesterday so just a case of heating it up
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2023, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon all

Have booked today and tomorrow off add to my normal Fri Sat Sun makes a nice few days at home.
Out this morning and then pottering since then but could not tell you what I have done LOL

Dinner is make do and mend; Duck breast, mash with leeks, gravy and maybe roast potatoes; may sound odd but very enjoyable I hope having recently discovered I adore leeks.

Today when I was out and about saw people with their dogs and felt a not envious Nor longing but noticed them more - maybe heart healing who knows. Still to early and lots to think of. Into the garden tomorrow if weather permits and get grass cut again before the rain which is scheduled for mid afternoon. Not sure what then have blood test 1.40 then maybe a book?

Booked hairdressers for Friday I have decided going from bob to short pixie type cut well think I have decided.

Hope you have all had a good day

Sue Busy as normal I see. With the family all being together again bet they are as pleased as punch.

Brenda You are M.I.A Hope all is good with you? Did you get the car parking sorted? bet the beach walks are getting slightly busier with the weather warming up

Griff The same it seems and have horsetail on the allotment bit of a nightmare, very carful not to bring anything home to the garden that could spread it here.

Chris Hope your away day to the dental has gone well and the sarnies gone down a treat.As Gary has chosen the phone will Dave like it or will Gary like it as well and take it back

Lynn Your break sounds exactly what is/was needed. Any car news yet?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2023, 09:46 PM
Good evening all

A very long day and a nightmare negotiating Sheffield town centre to say nothing of the roadwork holdups along the way, but we got there.

Unfortunately, they have said no to implants as they aren't as strong as the metal dentures so an even bigger risk. Why is everything so difficult?

Dave doesn't use his phone a lot Kazz so he's happy with anything. Gary, on the other hand, may or may not decide to change his mind. I give up, basically
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2023, 04:31 AM
Chris, sorry the news wasn't great today
Kazz, I am sure you already know, but make sure you don't put the horsetail in to be composted, it spreads the issue around.... probably how it ended up next door... cheap compost and topsoil. I have been battling it for 3 years nearly, wd40 does kill the top shoots off quite quickly and I have mixed washing up liquid and wee killer, that's o.k but you need to be careful with overspray and then I have actually injected weed killer with a syringe....took me ages to do it. I now go out and dig out as much as I can and try to pull the runners underground out as best I can, apparently once you have it, you are stuck! It's actually just starting to grow into the mortar where next doors porch meets my house! So that's something I have to deal with quickly