Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bengibb
New Member!
Male 

26-07-2017, 03:43 PM

Yorkie Pomeranian puppy 7 weeks

Hey everyone we have oue very first dog its a Yorkie Pom. Coby is 7 weeks old and has already left his mother yesterday, we understand this is early and rather upset about this but we out hased him online and got lied to of his age.

He is booked in to see vets4life in two days as we want a fast check up for his health, we will also be getting him micro chipped, his relavant vacs and worming treatment which has already started.

We are very new to puppys and dogs and nervous. We spent alot of money getting him things to make him comfortable.

The owner told us he still beeds to be on puppy milk so we got him this with the advice of the pet store he weights 4kg we are giving him the relevant amount in the morning and one at night, also feeding him high meat puppy food and biscuits. But he really does not want to eat so much or the biscuits just the milk.

We have training pads for him and just in 24 hours he is doing great, his very energetic and runs afterus everywhere, but he also takes alot of naps.

Last night we places him in his bed in our bedroom but he would not sleep until we put him with us, i did not want him in the bed so i had to sleep on the floor next to him and then he went to sleep.

Do you have any advice at all for new owners being his only 7 weeks old and 2 weeks early from leaving his mother! Any advice health, food, training would be great.

I will also now read alot of the threads on here

--Ben
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	5654   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2290.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	5655  
Bengibb
New Member!
Male 

26-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention one very important thing:
We have three adult cats two female one male, what is the best course of action to take to make the intergrate together. We have slowly held them close to each other and they are all very curious we then let the cars go while holding coby our puppy they just circle him and walk awy
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Don't worry about his age too much. A lot of breeders let them go at 7 weeks and the majority thrive. I can't understand why he is still on puppy milk though. He should be fully weaned at 7 weeks.

He needs 4 meals a day at his age. Small meals.

At the moment, he is still very likely to be missing him mum and siblings. You are doing great. He will settle.

Plenty of positive interactions go a very long way. Enjoy him
Bengibb
New Member!
Male 

26-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Don't worry about his age too much. A lot of breeders let them go at 7 weeks and the majority thrive. I can't understand why he is still on puppy milk though. He should be fully weaned at 7 weeks.

He needs 4 meals a day at his age. Small meals.

At the moment, he is still very likely to be missing him mum and siblings. You are doing great. He will settle.

Plenty of positive interactions go a very long way. Enjoy him
Thanks for your reply

Do you think it will have any negative effects if we keep him on the milk until he sees the vet and we can ask then?

Also I posted an additional comment below my post about me having cats:

Sorry I forgot to mention one very important thing:
We have three adult cats two female one male, what is the best course of action to take to make the integrate together. We have slowly held them close to each other and they are all very curious we then let the cars go while holding coby our puppy they just circle him and walk awy
Bengibb
New Member!
Male 

26-07-2017, 05:26 PM
Sorry also , could you or anyone help with how we bath coby? we have talcum powder to put on the brush when we brush him at a later stage but any advice how we bath him would be great
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Get him used to water as early as you can and make it fun for him. Good luck! Don't worry about the cats they will all sort themselves out and accept him as a baby!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Bengibb View Post
Sorry also , could you or anyone help with how we bath coby? we have talcum powder to put on the brush when we brush him at a later stage but any advice how we bath him would be great
How are the cats reacting to Toby? Very often, they accept a young puppy with no problems - especially one as tiny as Toby is. Cats usually have a way of letting a pup know what is and isn't acceptable.

The milk shouldn't do any damage. Some dogs are lactose intolerant after a certain age (the theory is that they all are once they reach a certain age, but most seem to tolerate it without a problem in my experience). Ask your vets advice, but try to wean him over onto all solid meals as they are better for him.

Bath - barely warm water and lower in slowly. Some dogs love 'em, some hate 'em. They don't need bathing very often - usually only when they are smelly or mucky. Use shampoo designed for dogs as the PH balance is different to human shampoo.

Good luck and enjoy your baby
Bengibb
New Member!
Male 

27-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys and girls all very helpful!

My cats seem to be okay with him just very curious at the moment , they are just smelling and licking sometimes then walk away. My one adult female cat is very scared and just runs away she doe not want to be in the same room as him. Usually she spends alot of time in our bedroom and now will not come up.
We are not forgetting to give her attention we just hope she accepts him and feels comfortable with him, it could be a bit of jealously.