Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 09:18 PM

Interesting experience

Took Benj with me to a fun day run by local dog training group today. It was on a farm and there was a quad bike to move the trailer around.

While we were packing up I let Benj out to run round and he headed sraight for the stationery quad and trailer and tried to herd it. Totally oblivious to me it seems---but aware enough to be able to play hide and seek and avoid my eye. So I headed away to see what he did and called him. Oblivious again so Tassle went up and got cross with him and I called him and rewarded him for coming. Repeated a few times he began to take a notice of me and return when I called him. Then the thing moved while I had him on the lead and he was reasonable, sat and watched but only pulled a bit.

Then went to look at the horses (stabled), he was frightened and tried to do a runner and when I was trying to sort that out he saw a car going across the field! Once again I did the hide and seek bit and eventually managed to get a down and catch him.

It'll be interesting to see if I ever get enough control to stop him before he goes, it isn't something you can exactly practice!

rune