View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Tom's mum here I did all the antivirus checks and stinger and he had four Trojan horse back door viruses which I think have been erradicated now. But his computer still loads up everytime with the same messages Tom posted above and we don't know how to stop the messages coming up each time you boot up?? any ideas anyone?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 07:31 PM
I have the same problem, Fran
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Uhm.. Marie.. What if I kinda may have erased that file???

I've just posted on my thread about a possible virus..
Some bits might not work as they are supposed to do but since you are updateing with SP2 this should help you out cause it should detect that you have bits missing and replace them so it will make SP2 work properley.

SP2 is more security for your system as Microsoft has been slated for their lack of protection within the windows enviroment.You could also encounter some problems some applications not working properly so the way round this is to uninstall SP2 and the application then updaye with SP2 then reinstall the application that you wre having problems with.
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
I have the same problem, Fran

Did you find any viruses??
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Pretty Kitty
Tom's mum here I did all the antivirus checks and stinger and he had four Trojan horse back door viruses which I think have been erradicated now. But his computer still loads up everytime with the same messages Tom posted above and we don't know how to stop the messages coming up each time you boot up?? any ideas anyone?
Try updating or you could try system restore go right back before this problem started
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by leo
Try updating or you could try system restore go right back before this problem started

Thanks Leo, I tried system restore but he has no restore points saved. The system restore wasn't turned on
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks Leo, I tried system restore but he has no restore points saved. The system restore wasn't turned on
OH no the way forward have you got your windows disk?
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by leo
OH no the way forward have you got your windows disk?

Only got the recovery disk that came with the pc. Don't actually have the windows XP disc. I didn't really want to have to wipe all the hard drive
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Only got the recovery disk that came with the pc. Don't actually have the windows XP disc. I didn't really want to have to wipe all the hard drive
This really grips my S*** ppl like you pay good money to pc world and other rob dogs like dell and they don't give you what you pay for you should be given the windows disk not to pay extra for back ups (sorry rant over)

You might have to
Pretty Kitty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >