View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Boxer_Fan_Gsm
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-03-2006, 03:23 PM

Is it ok for dogs to eat oranges and to drink tea?

Ok this might sound like a daft question, We got Levi in Jan and from thin we have discovered a few things she likes to eat that are a bit odd and just wanted to check that they are ok to give to her.

Oranges, I was eating one and she just sat a looked at me the hole time, this is not like her so I saved her a couple of bits took the seed out and put them in her food dish when I was finished and she wolfed them up and was looking at me for more!!

Cups of Tea, Laura spilt some on the flour and before she made it back with a cloth Levi had cleaned it for her! Laura has since been out and got caffeine free tea bags for the dog! She did make her a cup one night when we had run out of milk and the dog wouldn't drink it haha.

So my question is, are these things ok for dogs?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 03:33 PM
ew give china oranges only a bit so it doesnt give her runny tummy and we tend to drink coffee more but she does occasionally get a few sips!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi there,
My lab has always liked all fruits. He also loves grapes - its only recently that ive been told they are poisonous to dogs! As far as i know oranges are ok just dont feed grapes just in case. Mine also loves bananas and melons - he will happily devour all the rind or skin og any type of melon however he likes watermelon best lol.
Tea i believe is good for coats on dogs and also can aid digestion - due to the tannin and anti oxidants. Both my two love a bit of tea! But no sugar LOL
I think someone recently posted a link to all foods dangerous to dogs, i dont know where it would be though.
Hope that might help
x
Boxer_Fan_Gsm
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Ill have a look for that post, thanks
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Any fruit other than grapes are fine and I think tea is ok in small amounts, my dogs like the odd sip.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
My little Dog used to have tea and Toast every morning and she lived till 19 All mine like Orange,but there fav is raw cabbage I think most things are ok as long as you dont Give too much.Before I know Grapes/chocolate were Bad for Dogs mine always ate and enjoyed them without any problems.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

08-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Oranges are fine, my dogs love em & know a few dogs whos owners always give their dogs tea n toast every morning
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 09:27 AM
my bit is as always 'everything in moderation'

I love oranges, but eat too many and i get bad skin (my mum too) but they are so sweet and juicy!
My dogs hate citric stuff so i juice small quantitys and hide it in their food (shhh don't tell them) new puppy likes banana though, which i find highly amusing.
Your all gonna scream at me, but i give my dogs grapes. If i am eating them, and they want one, they get one. They are still alive, so as i say, a little of everything is fine. Everything is a poison in certain quantities (even water) but we aren't going to stop giving them water are we? - incase they drink too much and explode....*sigh*
liz
Dogsey Junior

08-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi, all my dogs love fruit & veg, they eat most fruit including bannas.I don't give them Tea but my husaband dose, 1 of our oldies had a cup of tea every morning with him before he went to work.

love your dogs for who they are
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2006, 02:51 PM
My first Golden Retriever Poppy, always had a cup of tea about once or twice a week had to have a Rich tea biscuit floating in it too
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >