Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Afternoon all.

Lovey pictures and odd as I have been planting daffs today as well as tulips ready for next year.
Hope it is good news whatever form that takes for the car Lynn.
I hate fishing hooks and often used to collect discarded ones when I walked the canal.
Moyra did he not replace like for like however, I suspect the reason for less drawers is the cost of the drawer boxes and facia fronts as they are more expensive than std doors.
Griff you just have to admit LEAKS R U could be a new "handle" old days of CB radio coming back there, LOL

I have spread some sand between the new lot of block paving I laid leading to the stone circle I laid in the week also put the first lot of gravel around the circle now planting finished, went with reen slate in the end. Too much thought given to gravel I decided.

Also dismantled the outside tap as it is in the wrong place for when the new /repositioned wall basket goes up and it is leaking a bit it is over 30 years old I think got the bits just got to change it tomorrow, and fit new bracket to wall want to positon wall tub first so do it all together.

Having roast beef, rosties, parsnips, cauli cheese sauce mash and gravy for dinner.

Had a shock as well a neighbour who I see daily walking her dog had a fall last Thursday after talking to me about what I was doing in the front garden she went home and the children going to school saw her collapsed on her front path and ran for help in the shop. She was put on a life support machine due to a head injury and found out today her sons had the machine turned off yesterday afternoon.
Her "much loved" car called "tootle" was towed away today by a scrap firm and there is a skip outside the front already such a shame I will hope to catch her close friend and neighbour to see what has happened to the dog. He is old 12-13 and a little mongrel about cocker size. Such a shame she had a hip replacement earlier this year and walking for the first time in a good few years without a stick, and taking part in lots of things again.

I just think its quick she only fell last Thursday morning after 8.45am (I know I was talking to her at 8.30am)the machine switched off yesterday and the car being taken away and the skip today - woah - she adored that car and she was perfectly healthy and planning a cruise for next Christmas and ran three groups and since her hip replacement had joined a walking group and just booked a weekend away to play bridge. The lads both live locally so no need for a rush or anything and her house is far from a falling down health disaster. Just had a new kitchen fitted and replacment back door last year same time/place as I did.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Oh Kazz, that is so sad about your neighbour. I have just finally put the last drawer of stuff away in the airing cupboard, not ideal but nowhere else for it. You are right, they did not replace like for like. Makes life very difficult.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Well folks I have done for the day. I am exhausted and I think an early bed is called for. God bless everyone, take care.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2016, 06:12 PM
That is so very sad about your neighbour Kazz. Am hoping the little dog has maybe gone to a family member. People can be so unfeeling and not care though
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
That is so very sad about your neighbour Kazz. Am hoping the little dog has maybe gone to a family member. People can be so unfeeling and not care though
Just driven past on way back from Boots and there is stuff in the skip already.

Edited to say not going to ask about the dog. Could end up saying something I may not regret but as I do not know the family history/bussiness or prearranged plans.Could be exactly what she would want and nothing to do with the lads.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2016, 07:52 PM
Evening everyone well what a long day out. Mark has however come back with a tatty Astra van. Needs some cosmetic work but seems sound mechanically and he drove it from Cheshunt to Norfolk not bad seeings as he only passed last week and hasn't driven since. He will get seat covers, hub caps etc., with the money he saved by knocking the price down.
Also has a few squeaks but he has a friend who owns and drives black cabs and sorts all manner of things so he will let him give it the once over when he is in Harlow maybe not this weekend though he is driving over Friday and back again Sunday.
We did some difficult bits tonight through rush hour and he did amazingly well.
Gorden has spoken to Austen about my car it went back to his garage today fixed. He said after all that it was the timing belt it had been changed but not done properly so that in itself would cause all the problems we had experienced. The main dealer must of taken the engine apart almost to find it.
Will probably pick it up Friday pretty cream crackered now and may need a rest tomorrow. Plus we left Dillon far longer than usual. We will give it a good run over the weekend and fingers crossed all is right and I can learn to trust it.
Kazz very sorry about your neighbour.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Yeah you have to take half the engine out to do a timing belt, I know because the Mazda had one, but prior to that youngest son was driving my darling Volvo 440 and the belt went and so did the top half of the engine. Won't ever make that mistake again!!!
Well....lets keep everything crossed for you this weekend, and so pleased he's got a van and happy driving round in it already.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2