View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 04:35 PM
'ppointment for Tilly at 5.30pm today... you will all be snoozing then, so I shall be worrying alone.. except Mr M is coming with me
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 04:41 PM
DD,reckon some will still be up,pop on it you can,let us know how she gets on...(( hugs))Will light my candle...its a sure thing
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
'ppointment for Tilly at 5.30pm today... you will all be snoozing then, so I shall be worrying alone.. except Mr M is coming with me
Fingers crossed for Tilly (((hugs)))
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Hi all, I have to confess I haven't read through yet I will later.
DD not sure what is wrong with Tilly but I'm thinking of her and will read through to find out
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm sure she'll be fine, I'll think of you all tonight.
Rained all day virtually. It did stop for a while, so took Mabs and Keshi out onto the field, started a little training session and it started to rain, did get a bit done, then put their leads back on after they'd had a charge round after the ball, noticed a van parked by the road, as I got closer I saw the words 'Dog Enforcement Officer' emblazoned on it I thought oh dear, whats happened now.
Got to the van and he was busy writing, he put the window down, and I said oh do you want me, and he said oh no, just observing, and I said oh is it about the bloke with the dogs that lets them out of the back door onto the field, walks after them with a child in his arms and then when they've done what they've got to do, goes in, he says he can't comment. I say ones a staffie and there's (I think) a Dogue de Bordeaux, and he says no its a Neopolitan Mastiff and a collie, and I say thats the bloke. He let that staffie out the back door and it ran straight at Cariad and Lona one day and there were ructions, always got the child in his arms, so how does he pick up, so he's writing away there. Asks me about the dogs, and he saying to me they've got loads of huskies in the pound because people get them and have no idea what to do with them, had a chat about that, he says how beautiful Mabs is, Keshi looks like a drowned rat by this time, so he laughed at her, then he went. Totally different from the people who use to be dog wardens, very straightforward, was saying it is fine for girls to be offlead on there, mustn't be offlead on roads etc. and if he asks you to put your dog onlead you must do it, otherwise a fixed penalty, didn't know that one. Wish I had met up with him a year ago when I was having the hassle with that B....y Collie and the idiot owner, a fixed penalty or two or three or four even, would have made a far bigger impact than me wanting to strangle him!!!!
On the way home, the rain got even worse, then it started hailing as well drenched when we got in, Cariad and Lona didn't go out much to their disgust, wasn't getting drowned again, so they can have a walk round later on. The sun has just come out, at long last after all. Why can't it start raining now, and have the sun during the day, will never understand it
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Gordon, this has been the most difficult bug to shake off that I have ever had I've just decided that I must make a concentrated effort and get stuck in. Lol at the description of the Mem!
Eileen I must go off and have a look at your dress in a mo Awww Lacey
Ahh DD found the post about Tilly's foot She can share my sick bed Good luck thinking of you both.
The sun is out now but it has rained all day. I hope tomorrow will be better.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Evening all ...........Bev, a very very happy birthday to you, and that's good that you are beginning to feel better.

Nippy, it is bound to take a while before you recover from what you and Brian have had; you need to just rest and rest.

Moyra it sounds as if you are nearly there with those sore gums - not much longer now and then you can put it all behind you.

Gordon, your choice of music for Eileen is a little..shall we say...sombre A nice bit of Elgar would be just the ticket for a dawdling school run.

Jenny, I had to laugh at the thought of you sitting out there with a book, pressing the brake pedal when instructed and developing muscles in one leg.

H - I wish I could find where to clear the filter on my machine because it must be just as bad as yours was. It's a washer dryer of the Bosch variety, and the only thing that is accessible never seems to have anything in it

Tang, your day has gone far far too well Wonderful though, and you can toddle off to bed content tonight, especially after enjoying some warm sunshine Bella is a hoot, and I absolutely adore her.

Elaine, what is it about your fence that you don't like? If it's just the colour then that is easily sorted, but if you don't like the fence itself then perhaps we could all nip round and build you a brick wall instead! It might be a little wonky.

Eileen, Lacey is so sweet - will she stay all clean and tidy then? As for your mammoth tea, don't come moaning to us if you end up with a mammoth stitch to go with it.

DD please pop in as soon as you can to let us know about that lump - these dogs of ours never tire of coming up with something new to worry us with do they *makes up extra special bed for Tilly in sick bay.

Mandy I hope that Lauryn is much better by the time that you get back from work, the headache going is a start isn't it.

TW, that dog warden sounds like just what you need around there and it's good that you have got to know him a bit because you never know when you might need him.

Jimmi and I just about missed the rain this morning which was good; came back and spotted one of our fish floating in a decidedly dead sort of way in the pond This is the second one in a month, so I am not sure if something is going on in there........they were roughly 7 years old, and that's not ancient for pond fish is it

Corrie
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Bitkin, the fence is a bit high, I thought we had decided on a lower one, but eversuffering husband insists we didn't I will try to take a pic tomorrow. It is a nice fence.....but I think it will block the sun.....but.....as there was a shed there before and the sun was blocked, the shed has been taken down and I have got used to having the sun..... mmmmm will ponder that one......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone got home about 10 past 7. Decided after lunch with Julie at around 2.30 to pop over and see mum while in Essex its 30 mins away from the pub where we meet and left mum at just gone 5pm. Blimey I'm tired now but it will be worth it its one less visit to Essex this month.
Debbie I hope Tilly's lump is nothing to worry about.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Elaine, I suppose that there are pros and cons with having a high fence -all you can do really is live with it for a little while, and if you find it does block the sun then perhaps a little persuading might have to be done with OH

Hello Lynn - no wonder you are jiggered, but at least you can relax now for a few weeks.

Corrie again
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »