View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi Gordon, well my first question to you would be do I get expenses??? There'll be lots of travelling involved and I'm most definitely a 5-star girl, so I don't come cheap! Maybe you might want to reconsider??? I'd be darn good for you though, I like to get my teeth into something, especially when I have a vested interest in your own ideals, I'm sure we'd make a perfect team

Now on to those birds, it wasn't until I got to the paragraph where you mention those exceptions, because my gsd was a nightmare as a youngster when sauntering along the secluded bridleways during autumn on my bike, out would pop a pheasant from absolutely nowhere, and off she'd go, giving chase. They take ages to actually *take off* too don't they, cos she would disappear out of sight and then I'd hear it taking flight. Stupid birds really aren't they, well, I think they are. They must be quite easy game for the shooters? I think I could even manage to bring home a few pheasants if I had a gun, which I don't (for fear of retribution here!). Sometimes I very much wish I did though
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Morning ,
Bit damp but mild here this morning, Rosie been out for a run on field,
Hubby gone off to town to get veg etc for our roast beef lunch
Have to say don't feel a year younger today, hope it's only hay fever not a cold on its way
Lynn Rosie is same will let birds hop around garden and not bother cat, squirrel or anything small and furry she goes mad strange isn't it
Helena hope your back is a bit easier today and hope everyone else and pooches are well too

Ooh a bit of sunshine now *I am whisper quietly so not to scare it away *
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the info Gordon, we don't have pheasant round our end otherwise by sounds of it Rosie would be disappearing after them too
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Afternoon all - very late coffee and ketchup today although I did have a coffee earlier, but boring Things got in my way. However, said Things are [surprisingly] done, including stripping the bed, shoving everything in the machine and then in the dryer, and now neatly folded and put away.

Decided it was time the duvet was packed away as summer has hit with a vengeance so that has been outside over a couple of chairs to be aired and is now duly packed waiting for a Strong Man to lift up the mattress and the slats it sits on so it can go in the "cupboard" under it.

Bed now made with just a summer blanket - two different lots of whole grains and rice cooked, cooled and now packed and in the freezer, and a load of different salads prepared and in containers in the refrigerator.

Hope all poorlies are much better today and that you all enjoy the rest of Sunday - now for the ketchup!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 12:57 PM
We all went out for our walk and it was really enjoyable . We took two cars and drove to Cobham and walked all around the woods and common land. We only saw a couple of other dogs and they were on flexi leads .... perfect!! The rain stayed away and we walked for nearly and hour and three quarters ..... well actually I was almost running to keep up with my son's fast walk The sun has now come out, the 'youngsters' and my OH have gone to our local car museum and I sitting with a cuppa having a quick catch up on here.

Lynn I was going to answer your question too but Gordon got there first. Dillon isn't daft and knows its not worth exerting any energy to catch birds as they fly off. Having said that my two will use any excuse to chase and then play ..... mad dogs
Wasn't that nice and friendly of your neighbour to stop and introduce themselves ... one of the benefits of living in a village.
Helena You'd make a perfect publicity manager for Gorden ..... he'd be in Government before he knew it and probably running the entire country with your help Sorry your cliffs were shrouded in sea mist .... hopefully it has all cleared now but a little late for you and Zena. I think you chest pains are probably a warning to tell you to have an easy day today. Roast beef and then a long nap perhaps. Take care .
Lynne I think you've got away lightly after your hike yesterday That video (I think it was Bev's) was brilliant and I thought the same as you .... if my two hairy dogs did that I'd never get all that mud out. Did't it enjoy it though
Gordon Afternoon you lordship I hope you have an enjoyable day and no doubt a large roast meal with all the trimmings, lovingly prepared by your Mem.
Mandy I hope you aren't going down with anything nasty .... our sick room is only just starting to empty having been full to bursting. Enjoy your meal and I hope you have a chilled out afternoon.

Off to iron my son's work shirts now and have a general tidy up.

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Afternoon again Helena and Jenny. Afternoon to Gordon and Mandy and Malka.

Helena I hope you are having an easier day after the chest pains. That misty walk sounded worrying.
Jenny so glad the door banging worked and you got your nice walk.
Gordon thank you very much for that info ,makes perfect sense I did wonder if it was something to do with the scent.
I like reading your informative posts as much as your funny ones. Please never think you are boring or go on too much.
Mandy sorry you are not feeling a year younger and may be going down with a cold. Fingers crossed you don't.
Sounds like you day has been busy Malka.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Gordon is NOT boring .... that's official!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-04-2014, 03:28 PM
May I take this opportunity to thank my constituents for their generous and continued support! Seeyou all later on D.A.D and of course, bye fer now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Afternoon all
Sat watching f1 and not planning to do anything else, still feeling iffy.
We've had our lunch, which hubby cooked.
I've put a load in drier, filled dish washer, washed the pots that don't go in dish washer, took Rosie out. Tidied round aswel.
So that's me done I think.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Got back from training with Keshi about half an hour ago, keeps raining and then stopping. Well the Gold Class was hysterical, doing offlead work and for most of them it was a case of 1 minute of doing as they were told and the next 5 minutes flying round like loonies winding everyone up.
Keshi thought it was great fun, loved it when they came running past her, leaping around, play bowing and generally being a bimbo. Then it was our turn, and she was wound up like a clock, however she wasn't too bad considering, she did do a runner, but did come back pretty quickly, started to do one again, but stopped when I shouted leave it, and all in all for her first time in that class and the mayhem going on around her I can't complain.
Have got some lovely piccies of Jasper come over to me, they are 5 months old today and Keshi is 17 months old today. I've been thinking of all my babies especially today.
Jasper looking very very grown up, will put a couple of piccies up if you want. He's doing well at training classes and loves water...piccie of him in a lake with a stick
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »