Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi guys

Helena, the birds are determined to visit you aren't they?

Bitkin, Jimmy looks knackered, the cat must have got a heck of a fright.

Gordon, you seem to know a lot more about birds than I do! Blimey

TW, you sound so sore, you poor thing.

The rest of the day today has been relatively nice, just watching TV with Brian, Brian also made biscuits which were just lovely!

This evening I was at the Pipes and Drums training night. Managing to make less quacking noises, but was making more squeaking noises, however in between I was managing to make decent scales. Getting there.

I'm watching TV again and enjoying some time with Brian and Davie.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Dear Bitkin - Scout has been around the moggies since she came to us from the kennels at 17 weeks and touch wood has shown no desire to murder them, she trots along after them quite happily and makes no attempt upon their furry persons. Likewise she showed only a passing early interest in the hens etc. However when it comes to rats and rabbits it's a totally different thing having so far in her short life racked up a score of 8 of the former and 1 off the later. This being not deliberate on my part as I wouldn't encourage anyone to work a youngster of her age, its just what has occured as she's been tootling about the countryside with the lurchers and me. So she is obviously bright enough to be selective in a murderous capacity. I just feel it behoves me to get the best out of her - for her benefit as well as mine. I might add that I am at great pains to avoid fox earths and badger setts as I am sure she would find them irresistable, the last 7 generations of her family having been in hunt service. Bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi Lore - you have my unstinting admiration for your perseverance with chanter etc. Many years ago while in the military I was given a few "lessons!" by a friend who was a Scots Guards piper. The din was terrible. I was truly abominable and displayed so little talent for the subject that he was heard to comment that "I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket". So although possessing distant Scottish roots and having a fondness for listening to the Pipes, I will never be the one from whom the delightful sounds emanate. Bye fer now.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Lore - I just love it when you come on sounding so relaxed and calm and talking of just watching telly You know how I worry so when you work too hard. I am just really REALLY pleased that you are up there out of earshot as it were with that pipes and drums thing

Gordon, that's the thing isn't it......a pup brought up with resident moggies is going to be quite happy in their company, but with a terrier (especially one from hunting lines) that instinct for rats and rabbits etc. is almost impossible to quell, and in fact that is exactly why virtually all stables have terriers, they are so efficient in keeping the vermin down.

We suspect that the Jimster was worked in Ireland, where he came from, and could well have gone down a fox hole and from there got lost. Maybe he was merely discarded because of his medical problems.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Time for bed said Zebedee.

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone, and I hope that the day brings relief for those feeling poorly or who are in pain.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Nite Sally, Gordon, Lore etc. Been having a soak and rubbing this ibuprofen gel everywhere it hurts - which is er.....everywhere lol. More painkillers and will have a read until all the dope I've taken works and I am comatose.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Gordon, I'm not sure I will be able to produce anything but odd quacks and squeaks if I ever get onto the actual pipes, but I can at least do a few things on the chanter that don't result in demented duck noises or strained squeaky noises

Oh, I walked to the detachment tonight too, it was such a nice night. Met an acquaintance called Mike, I knew his wife Iris. Well Mike has an energetic Jack Russell, extremely cute and friendly and was determined to see what was in my bag by jumping constantly Funny little thing but so sweet.

Anyway, watched a movie with Brian, Delivery Man, has Vince Vaughan in it. Really good movie, just a decent feel good comedy. Just what we were needing.

In bed now and about to read something that isn't history related!
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9