View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:01 PM
I ain't going over there again TW Heaven help us,I had the place gleaming on my last visit Absolutely no appreciation for my efforts
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:04 PM
This is the one I've been using June there are plenty on google if you want a different one.

Banana bread

50 minutes to make

Serves 10
Made this with Splenda for a diabetic relative. This bread is ultra moist with wonderful texture.

Ingredients

3 large ripe bananas or 4 small
juice from lime or lemon
2 cups flour
1 cup splenda or granulated sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oleo or butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
How to make it

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and beat with electric mixture until well mixed.
Place in a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake in a 350F oven until tested done about 50 to 60 minutes.
Cover with foil if browning to fast.
Cool on rack 10 minutes and remove from pan
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 06:15 PM
I do not know what the requirements are for a mobility car in the UK but here I get a mobility allowance. If I wanted a car the allowance would be taken to pay for it and I would be entitled to a new car every 42 months. As I do not want a car I have the allowance paid into my bank account together with my disability pension. It is for taxi fares and as I do not use that many taxis it has paid for my scooters over the years.

If I did want a car the allowance would be more than I get, but as I say it would be taken to pay for the car.

Because I am an electric chair user I am actually entitled to a van - with a platform lift thingy which I could drive my chair onto and then raise it up so I could get to a driving position. And that would mean my allowance would be increased to cover the cost of a van.

But I do not want a car or a van - I gave up my driving licence some years back, or rather did not bother renewing it [which had to be done every so many years, I forget how many now - five, I think]. And now? I would not be able to park outside my home if I had a car, nor could I drive it and park in the wide space between my bungalow and my neighbour.

So I take the minimum mobility allowance and use it as I wish. Either for taxis or for my wheels, and the third party insurance for my wheels is peanuts.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Yes, I could have a brand new car every three years with tax and insurance paid and all it would cost me is the petrol but seeing as I had a perfectly good little car there seemed no point. Now as I say my licence runs out in February so I think it is time to call it a day once my insurance runs out. Which I believe is June or July. That is also when my MOT runs out too. Obviously if I sell my little car it may cost me a bit more to get a good quality motorised scooter but the insurance shouldn't cost so much and you do not have to tax them as far as I am aware. I nagged Steve earlier and in the end he said oh well you will do as you please in the end anyway. So I thought of Goodie but of course he had to give the blackmail bit about worrying himself to death about me on it. He'll survive!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Moyra - have a look at this http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/mobility-...u-need-to-know
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 06:51 PM
The sun has now gone for the day but it has been glorious The dogs have had 3 walks today and had the run of the garden with the doors all being open. It has just been too nice to be inside so I'll have to start my ironing shortly as I don't want to do it tomorrow being Mothers Day .... although I am cooking for the family but that is my choice.

Daisy My sympathies with all that rain. It's not so much the rain though is it, its the mud that it generates The lovely thing is that after you've had vile weather it really makes you appreciate the nicer weather Can't remember if I mentioned it but I LOVE your campervan .... very jealous
Moyra Well done with all the Amber walking today and her steamed fish .... she'll lose that weight before you know it. I walk a lot but unfortunately don't stick to steamed fish .... otherwise I'd be very slim
Lynne I've just written down your Banana Loaf recipe and I'll try it out. Similar to mine but I use 1 cup sugar, 1/2 pkt butter, 3 eggs, 2 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 4 bananas ... and sometimes I throw in some walnuts.
June So pleased you had a lovely walk with the dogs down by the river .... so nice to have dry weather
Lacey Enjoy your evening and now that OH has had a snoreless snooze I'm sure he'll be wonderful company. My OH never snores either during the day and saves all the noises up for night time
Lynn Sounds like all three of you have had a very productive day in the garden

See you all later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Lynne, if you haven't an electric mixer, do you just do it with a wooden spoon the 'old fashioned' way
Oh that'll do my ribs no end of good.....NOT
Kitchen floor clean now Eileen, 4 dogs weighing between 30 and 45kg sopping wet and muddy from the river, well not too wet and muddy because they got rid of some on the way back, but you get the picture, miracle the floors come clean at all, still got the utility to do, but I'll hoover in there first to pick up all the dried mud.
Someone's having an extension built on the back of their house and for the last 3 months there's been a skip there and in the week a van, so can't get the car down to pick girls up from the back gate to take them to the river, so they have to come through the house, normally I'd throw all 4 in the car, drive over the road to the river, back up to the entrance, open door and let all 4 out, and follow them with my folding chair, one of them would have a backpack on with their toys and that would be us for a few hours, with that sodding van and skip there 24/7 I can't do that, have to do it in 2 shifts and they have to come through the house and consequently house is like a cesspit because of these flaming builders
Puts sheets in the middle of Jenny's ironing pile and runs away
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 07:01 PM
Thanks Malka, that was very useful. Me thinks I shall stick with footpath only model. So I do not scare Steve too much, what frightens him is he nearly ran over a mobility Scooter once and the police said to him they are lethal you are lucky they just don't know what they are doing half the time. Well maybe some of them have not driven for 53 years as I have done. So that explains why Steve is so anti them.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Moyra, before you buy a brand new one, look at the ones on ebay, I tell you I gave my mum's away, pity you're a couple of years too late, I was desperate for a home for it!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Yes that was a shame June, I shall certainly have a look on e bay or the local free whatever it is called.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >