View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 10:47 AM

Protein levels, feed question for norman.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice Norman and the Wheatens are feed on Nutro, we have found this excellent. But i was reading in a lakie book that lakelands shouldn't have a high level of protein and i wanted to check that nutro puppy was the best food to feed him. We feed him the puppy lamb and rice and the ingredients are..

Dried Lamb Meat (min. 27%), Ground Rice (min. 26%), Rice Bran, Rice Gluten, Rice Flour, Beet Pulp, Poultry Fat (min. 8%), Sunflower Oil (min. 2.5%), Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Dried Egg Product

Is this ok for him? I want to keep feeding him good food, with no colourings ect. At the moment he has this dried food with a little bit of Naturediet.

sarah xxx
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 11:19 AM
I think it's ok (For a kibble and as far as kibble goes!) I used to feed mine on the large breed variety. They did ok on it. Just as good if not better than they did on Arden etc.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks mychievious, yeah we think the food they are on atm is great, but i just wanted to check the protein levels for norman
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I thought the protein levels in the large breed pup food may have been a bit to high for my two because I know you have to be careful with large breeds...When we switched to other foods though they didn't keep their weight as they did on Nutro and one in particular got to skinny.

Your pup is a little guy isn't he?...I think he would be fine on the food. If he is doing very well on it I would stick with it.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Your pup is a little guy isn't he?...I think he would be fine on the food. If he is doing very well on it I would stick with it.
Yeah hes the little lakeland. And yes he is doing well on it, we changed him to nutro from pedigree lol. But i read in a lakeland book that lakies shouldnt have a lot of protein and as im not to sure about looking at the techinaly i though i would ask.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi Sarah any of the good puppy foods should have the correct balance of protein for Norman, maybe they say not too much protein because Lakie puppies tend to bounce around like little springs anyway they don't need any further encouragement
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi Sarah any of the good puppy foods should have the correct balance of protein for Norman, maybe they say not too much protein because Lakie puppies tend to bounce around like little springs anyway they don't need any further encouragement
Lol yes thats probley why! lol Thanks mini