Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2016, 07:01 AM

Good morning thread Sunday 8th April

Good morning everyone

Do hope you are ok Moyra and just having a lie and and a nice lazy day

Sorry June that I didn't join you watching Sean but have seen most of the Sharpe series and I had forgotten it.

Hope bad backs and legs are now on the mend for all four and two legged

Lovely day here again. Just about to take Teazle out and then I will tackle the veg plot and also make some apple crumbles.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2016, 07:06 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. Sunny and very warm here already and as usual Tyto has an upset sort of tum. Always happens when it is warmer than usual. So putting diahalt in his dinners to help him regulate himself. Works wonders. Not a lot to do today except read another Miss Read book and do some dinner. Oh and maybe look at other places to see and do on holiday. Have a good day all. Enjoy the sun and don't get to sunburnt.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2016, 07:20 AM
Good morning everyone, had a restless night and didn't realize it was so late to be honest. Usually Amber disturbs me but not this morning. Still it was nice to have a lay in. Soon as Amber has finished her chicken must get her out for her walk. The sun is shining beautifully. Have a good day all, see there was no LG last night hope he is ok.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Morning everyone and a beautiful one it is too,
Will sort last nights pots and that's it nothing planned today, mum in laws ms is playing up so she's staying home. We will pop up to see her, we did her shopping yesterday so she has everything in.
Brenda hope Tyto's tummy settles and you enjoy your book
Sue can I put my name down for a apple crumble please? Just don't tell my slimming world lady
Moyra I hope you have a good day too
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Morning all
Mandy, it is a well known fact that if you eat stuff standing up or nick stuff of peoples plates it doesn't count in calories Lol. there is a slimming worl group on f...b called syns allowed, they put all the offers on there and meal ideas etc
Moyra, good for you having a lie in
Brenda, hope you find loads of interesting places to visit on your hols
Sue, i loooooove apple crumble, i could eat the whole lot of it on my own, used to have it everyday at school ..jacket potato and cheese followed by apple crumble and custard...the dinner lady used to give me extra as i was dead skinny then Lol
I hope LG has had a fabby time at his show and that decent weather was had
i will be spending time in my egg chair.....it is sunny here again so making the most of it. Mum bought me that and then my dad asked if i wanted to go to italy!!! i have said no at the moment
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Beautiful morning here, girls umbrella is already up, once its up the shredded part of it isn't as visible and I've turned it round so its not in my face and making me feel murderous towards Zen. I'm going to take Lona, Mabs and Zen onto the river and putting old trainers on, rolling my trakkie bottoms up to my knees and going through the water where Lona went yesterday to see if its passable by me, if it is then will first of all take Kesh through it tomorrow as she doesn't mind the water up to her neck if needs be, then next one is Cariad, who will more than likely follow on (fingers crossed) during the week when I can get the car over there without any concerns as to other people being on there at the weekend. With the river being so low and the waterfall knocked down you get walkers coming along the river from the country park, so need to be careful if I'm going to take all 5, I managed it with 4 though, whats another lunatic
No sign of Nigel and the turf, have got a plan B for that, and if no show in the next day or so I have taken the fence down from the borders to paint it, instead I will dig a trench where the mud patch meets the path, put the fence in there, sow some grass seed on the mud patch,and hope Providence is on my side. Girls can't get on the grass seed as the fence will block them and I will keep them onlead so they don't stride over it.
Am going to start painting the concrete surrounds of the boundary fence between me and Face Ache on my other side that hates me and has ignored me for over 30 years that will be done after I've dug my trench and need a sit down and will paint when I'm sat on my little stool.
Sue I had seen most of Sharpe, but I have either forgotten them or not been in a situation to watch some as the one yesterday was definitely new to me.
Moyra, LG was at a Show in Yorkshire yesterday. I am hoping he has applied for the new biometric passport as these Yorkshire folk at the border can be funny so and so's and if everything isn't in order he may not have been allowed back to Gods Country and had to stay on t'moors overnight whilst someone was found to vouch for him.
Your poor mum in law, Mandy, a nice weekend and her MS is no respecter of her wishes to get out in it, and has put its foot down. Hope she's better soon.
Hoping Tyto is better later on today Brenda, how did the baby class go yesterday
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Howdy folks - greetings from sun-drenched Saddleworth.
Hope that turfing, crumbling, egg chair sun bathing and dog walking are all going to plan and everyone is enjoying their day.
Today sees me (and the Mem) in high good humour, had a fabulous day out yesterday. Took old Gypsy and Tess with us and were treated to a lovely sunny day - even if it was in Yorkshire! lol !
Reason for our delight is that we now have a best in show winner, young Tess who is now just 2 yrs old, won her class and then went on to win the show championship. The Mem did a lovely job of handling her and the judge was one of the most knowledgeable lurchermen in the country - so joy all round. Things were made complete for me by my old girl Gypsy winning the Veterans class.and considering the heat and the fact that she is now ten years old she was still going strong after a long day on the showground.
Please excuse my unseemly display of enthusiasm but I was hugely pleased with the day and it's results, I'm not much given to boasting but hope in this case I can be forgiven. As a sort of post script most of our more regular posters will recall that when Tess came to me at 5 months old she was an abused and beaten baby, frightened of her own shadow and this is one of the reasons this has given me so much joy.
I'm a bit achey today with standing up for most of yesterday so the Mem and I are having our own personalised bank holiday and having a day of laziness and sitting in the sun, surrounded by the critters (obviously)!
Have a good day everyone, will see you all this evening, bye for now, G.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2016, 10:02 AM
LG I know and understand how you feel, very well done to Gypsy and Tess, but even more so to you both, you are the ones who deserve the prize for giving her a new life free from fear and she has repayed you handsomely
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Please excuse my unseemly display of enthusiasm but I was hugely pleased with the day and it's results, I'm not much given to boasting but hope in this case I can be forgiven. As a sort of post script most of our more regular posters will recall that when Tess came to me at 5 months old she was an abused and beaten baby, frightened of her own shadow and this is one of the reasons this has given me so much joy.
May I be the first to congratulate you on this result and as you say doubly gratifying since Tess had a horrible start to her life, may she go on to greater things 'tho I think you were going to make this the last year of show trials. I know what you mean about chasing around the country, been there, done that, just want to enjoy my days with our doggies and potter around the garden, biggest adventure for me from now on is doing the weekly shop in Thetford and dodging all the illegals in the high street hassling me to clean my car
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2016, 10:14 AM
How utterly Fantastic LG....you aren't boasting...you are proud and rightly so!!! How lovely that Tess has turned into a well adjusted confident dog....well done to you all
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >