View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Just finished, executioner: pierrepoint, very good book, would reccomend to all. Its about britains last "number 1" hangman, and what drove him to go for the job.

Reading now, Star Wars: Allegiance, Good so far, but not as good as some of the Star wars novels. Its set betwenn the Star Wars episodes 4 & 5.

Next up, Ross Kemp on Gangs. Looks good from the quick glance. The title says it all.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 03:39 PM
There`s some fab sounding books in here. I will look out for "The Mascot" and the Koontz "Watcher" in particular.Ihave "The house at Riverton" on my "to read" pile.
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2008, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Stormey;1267368]Just finished, executioner: pierrepoint, very good book, would reccomend to all. Its about britains last "number 1" hangman, and what drove him to go for the job.

I've read that book, and I thought it was quite good and interesting, although it wasn't the type I would normally go for.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2008, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=Nelson's Mum;1267411]
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Just finished, executioner: pierrepoint, very good book, would reccomend to all. Its about britains last "number 1" hangman, and what drove him to go for the job.

I've read that book, and I thought it was quite good and interesting, although it wasn't the type I would normally go for.
I like that type, I thought this was good as it also gave an insight to live back then and not just about hangings.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I am reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I am really enjoying this at present, this is a story of rival sisters at the heart of the Tudor court, and their double seduction of the king himsef.

This is a very good thread
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Trixy View Post
I am reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I am really enjoying this at present, this is a story of rival sisters at the heart of the Tudor court, and their double seduction of the king himsef.

This is a very good thread

I have read this too, actually started another thread on this book. I have read most of Philippa Gregory`s historical novels and have enjoyed every one of them.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
I have read this too, actually started another thread on this book. I have read most of Philippa Gregory`s historical novels and have enjoyed every one of them.

I am finding it a real joy this is the only book I have read by this Author but I will continue to read the rest of her work
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Katiecoos View Post
I've read a lot of Phillippa Gregory's books too, really enjoyed them.

I've recently finished reading 'From Baghdad with Love'. It's a true stroy about an American Marine, Lieutenant Colonel Jay Kopelman who joined a troop in Iraq who had found a small pup and to cut a long story short, it's about his struggle to get the dog to America. It's a good read, sad bits in it about both people and dogs but it has a happy ending! Some good pics of the dog Lava in the middle of the book.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I am reading 'I Am Legend' by Richard Matheson which is the book upon which the recent movie is based. However, the book is quite a bit different to the film. I've only read a few chapters so far but I'm really enjoying it and can't believe it was written in 1954 as it feels really up to date.
emma-rose
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm reading 'Empress Orchid' by Anchee Min. It's the story of the last empress of china, written as a novel but based on her real life.

I am a total bookworm and will read anything I can get my hands on but do have a soft spot for stories set in China and Japan. Their cultures are so different from ours and I really like the way some books make it just come alive on the page.

My last read was 'Marley and Me' by John Grogan. The laughter and tears story of Marley the labarador and his family (a must for all Dogsey members).

This is a great thread. Really interesting to read what everyone else can recommend.

Em.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »