Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 06:49 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 24th May

Good morning everyone, hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Chris, hope the dreaded lurgy hasn't developed.

Got to get Amber out for her walk, she has had her breakfast.

Griff, hope the banging has finished next door.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2018, 07:29 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Cold and breezy again today. We will be wrapping up warm for our walk with Dillon. Then off to do some shopping and get some photos of Gill I found copied.
10 weeks today since we lost her and still not used to her not being on the other end of the phone for a catch up.

Gorden's little convertible going for an mot later it has to be sold now we have the Toyota no need for two cars plus the Toyota. Mot early but better chance of selling with a full mot dare say it will need some work to due to it has started creaking a bit like us.
Chris nightmare isn't it with some children and parents when out I am sure this is why we have so many rude and indifferent young people now. They haven't been taught basic manners and how to behave in public when little.

Hope everyone is well today and all four legged friends.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Morning, Dare I say Lynn that is why I and friends go to Miller and Carter up the road for meals now if we go out, instead of Harvester, which is down the road. So many mis behaved youngsters in there of all ages. Makes me proud to have brought up mine properly. bg!! Headache today because of the weather and bad tinnitus. Don't usually have headaches so the weather is the problem I suspect. Hope you feel a tad better today Moyra and Griff also. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Builders still banging away....sat in the DRS my chest is bad again so I am getting it checked...I need antibiotics but won't be given them
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Hope you feel better soon Griff.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2018, 09:18 AM
Sadly we have none of those on the doorstep at least a 5 mile drive away and our nearest one is very noisy as is the pub. Makes me glad to brenda that mone were brought up to behave and learn how to conduct themselves when out.
Gorden mentioned earlier about something he read a teacher was told by a parent they were picking on their child. the teacher replied if you mean I tell your child for disrupting the other chidren and when he/she is naughty then yes if you want to call it picking on go ahead.
I fear there is no hope for future generations. Not all but a good majority. We do have some very polite children in the village and when out and about.

Hope you get the ab's needed griff and are they completely re-designing the house next door do you think ?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope you get some abs Griff and feel better soon

Fingers crossed for the MOT Lynn

You have the dentist today Moyra? good luck.

Rain overnight but dry first thing now raining hard. Barry made an infill for the ensuite from a piece of wood and now I have the problem of getting all the sawdust out of his jumper. Why cant he wear old clothes

Hope all four and two legged are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Got the antibiotics... can't start them until tomorrow as they react with the chemo...whoever I saw was clueless, I am in trouble now my GP has retired.
The Dr called me yesterday about my blood levels..am I losing blood, no! Have I ever had a problem losing blood? No! Then he says you have a history of blood in urine and coughing up blood..me, oh yeah that...I am not coughing up blood now though, his advice...I was to call my consultant and leave a message and ask for his input (old gp contacted him directly) I tried, his secretary is on holiday for a week and unless it's an emergency I can't leave a message..this is what I was on about, all they want to do is nothing and just keep shoving me up the hospital all the while, don't get me wrong, Dr D is lovely but I really don't want to see him every week thanks
Now as for kids, I was brought up to sit, be quiet, eat without disruption and ask to leave the table, my nan could take us to all of her friends, when they came to her house we always said a polite hello and gave up our seat asked who wanted what drink and went and made it for them, if they were leaving and were on the bus we walked them out and waited with them. I didn't manage a family but if I had, they would be raised the same way as me
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 03:20 PM
Good afternoon all.

It was blooming cold here again this morning, but the sun has finally reared it's pleasant head. Apparently, we are to have thunderstorms for most of tomorrow - oh joy.

Got the cough and breathlessness so far and hoping that's as far as it goes. Rescue inhaler (on top of usual stuff) seems to be mostly doing the trick. If things progress then I suppose I'll have to use the rescue kit, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it.

I hope the abs do the trick for you, Kelly, and that you can manage to get hold of your consultant. I don't know, I think these days we spend so much time chasing up doctors and appointments that we get to the point of wondering if it's worth it. Of course, it is, but by heck it's a pain.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Awww Chris, that bug is nasty... hope you don't need the rescue pack, my mum said if they didn't give me antibiotics then she would give me hers (she's a goodun)
To be honest, I am getting very fed up with it all now, it's like blooming ground hog day lol, just got a Mardy on at the moment lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >