View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Lovely to see her settling in so well and that Bella is so accepting.
I did giggle at the gardeners and their ladders and it was Alfie all the time indoors crying for mum and Bella.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I would have taken Mom as well I almost posted as much to you when you said about the kittens and taking two of company.
My Cleo was a ginger girl they are apparently not common however she was so loving it was a pleasure to live with her she and her brother Oscar had a rough start too especially Oz.
Looks like she realises she is safe to be so trusting I would think she has been some ones pet at some time.
Yes both Alfie (the 2 legged one) and I said the same. She has been a 'pet cat'.

She is now doing the next best thing to what a lot of cats do - sunbathing on the windowsill. Except I don't have any windowsills so she is on the coffee table in front of the patio doors.

Haven't got the heart to tell her that the sun doesn't ever come that far over!

Which is a GOOD thing for me! But not for sunbathing loving cats!

Won't be long before she can go outside and do proper sunbathing on a sun lounger!

cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Five minutes here and causing bother typical cat She's beautiful
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Thank you Cava. She never stops asking for food! And when she isn't eating or using the litter tray she is now permanently glued to the top of that coffee table. She's there right now. It's her little domain. Bed and water bowl under it and space for her on top. (Well there is now I've moved stuff out of the way for her!)

She's a plucky little soul. I am SO glad I gave her a chance. I can't believe she still has so much gumption left in her after what she's been through and having kittens just six weeks ago. She is getting 'more settled' by the hour here. Not yowling if I leave the room (just follows me!) I now sit on the loo with a cat winding itself round my ankles!

I'm glad she's got these few days here before going back to the vet for spaying on Friday. I will run round like a loony while she is in there getting all my 'jobs in town' done. Then, hopefully, she will be a bit 'dossy' after the op over the weekend. Maybe some time next week I can start introducing her to the garden and the grounds.

Meanwhile I am now sat here with my ginger dog in her favourite bed about 3ft from me and my ginger cat asleep on the coffee table at the other end of the room. Of course she can see me from atop there which she couldn't when in her bed under it. She only seems to need to be able to see me at all times at the mo.

Well that's OK coz I ain't got anywhere special to have to go to for a week or so.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Life lesson no.1 for Alfi

NO you are not having any of my Pasta Marinara! She did give up the yowling for it and is now lying by MY sofa waiting for me.

Oh she's lovely considering I committed to having her without knowing what colour she was, what size, she was how old she is (still don't know how old she is!) or what condition she would be in when the leg heals.

Couldn't be more happy with my little ole HOPALONG!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 05:01 PM
You are describing all the things that I adore about cats, bless her
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 07:57 PM
She does not look that old, but seems savvy - you'll have to join the ginger club to live there Tang.
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2014, 08:57 PM
You'll have to watch that she doesn't try to jump up after the op, they can be drunk from the anaesthetic and can't judge things so well.
She sounds like such a tough little character! I'm so delighted for you that she's fitting in to your life so well
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Glad she making herself even more at home
Doesn't take them long
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2014, 09:25 PM
I pick her up from the vet in the afternoon so only a few hours and hopefully she'll be groggy. Like me and my dodgy leg I notice she limps more when she's been on the go a bit. But she stretches it out a lot and claws the rug with that paw so I don't think it hurts her. She lets me rub it and touch it. Here she is (she's not asleep at all - just ecstatic coz I was fussing her and doing the paw paw thing picking holes in my trousers!)

Honestly who could resist this little scrap of a cat knowing what she's been through these past weeks, having given birth and nursed her kittens. Shot over and over again and then operated on TWICE for her broken leg just two weeks after giving birth. Left in the vets for four whole weeks in the basement and yet SO loving and trusting. And looked after those kittens throughout even while she was half dead. I am hoping she picks up confidence once she can come out with us. But for now she is like having a new born baby in the house. Needing constant attention. But she rewards it with her skin and bones unconditional love.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >