View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Not quite sure how we got onto the subject of testicles but still ...

When my sisters were at school they brought home the classroom hamster to look after in the holidays. Mum phoned me panicking because it had escaped and was nowhere to be found. She was in a right old state and I had to go buy another hamster that looked the same.

Couple of days later it was found - in the cupboard below the sink all curled up in an old ice cream tub that had those yellow dusters in it - perfectly camouflaged lol!
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Awww cute! I'm not a massive fan of hamsters, I've always found them non-interactive so when it comes to rodents I prefer rats, but he's well cute
I would love to keep rats in the future but I worry about Bandit eating them, he's fantastic with Chumley but I don't know if that's through training or because he can tell the difference between a rat and a hamster...

My most interactive rodents was a Russian dwarf called Speckle who used to sleep on my chest and sit on my shoulder while I did stuff. I miss her

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Not quite sure how we got onto the subject of testicles but still ...

When my sisters were at school they brought home the classroom hamster to look after in the holidays. Mum phoned me panicking because it had escaped and was nowhere to be found. She was in a right old state and I had to go buy another hamster that looked the same.

Couple of days later it was found - in the cupboard below the sink all curled up in an old ice cream tub that had those yellow dusters in it - perfectly camouflaged lol!
Hahahaha My mums hamster once escaped while she was on holiday. I was worried one of the dogs had eaten her. I spent all day with hamster food out in every room praying she would come out. I put some chicken breast on to roast in the oven, half an hour later I heard noises from down the side and there was a very relieved, very scruffy hamster who was very relieved to see me.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
That was a happy ending Jen. I ended up having to buy a little cage and trappings so they could keep the replacement. And it didn't live very long
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Aw Jen I think he's ADORABLE. I love rodents and use to keep mice, hamsters and guinea pigs. I little Chumley is so sweet.
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-11-2013, 01:17 PM
He is lovely.

I used to have a hamster, and I used to have two gerbils.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Aw what a cutie pie Chumley is.

I miss having a hamster, our last one Mr Fluffy was very interactive, he used to go annoy Dougal when Mr Fluffy was in his ball. He would deliberately follow Dougal around and roll against his paws. Poor Dougal.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Aw what a cutie pie Chumley is.

I miss having a hamster, our last one Mr Fluffy was very interactive, he used to go annoy Dougal when Mr Fluffy was in his ball. He would deliberately follow Dougal around and roll against his paws. Poor Dougal.
Oh no you've revived the whisker stroking rodent thread lol!

Only kidding. My heart stopped when I saw this at the top again thinking OH GAWD HE'S DIED! As I know Jen is going through a bit of a rough time at the mo.

So that's alright then!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Oh no you've revived the whisker stroking rodent thread lol!

Only kidding. My heart stopped when I saw this at the top again thinking OH GAWD HE'S DIED! As I know Jen is going through a bit of a rough time at the mo.

So that's alright then!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2