Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Jeltz View Post
Unless things are different over there I don't see that you can settle out of court with a prosecution, only if you are being sued.
Your right, my gaff.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post
I don't know about that, I'd be more inclined to say it's just an individual thing. My mother is a touchy feely kind of person, like you she likes physical contact, me on the other hand, does not. The only ones who get hugs from me are the dogs, and that's not a joke, I can count on one hand the number of times I've initiated a hug (and that's not an exaggeration on my part I swear )those people were in either physical or emotional distress. I will tolerate people hugging me, but unless ordered to, I won't reciprocate.
It used to make me feel awkward, but I'm desensitized now to the point that when someone does it, I feel absolutely nothing, I just don't care.

I'm sure that's not normal, oh well.
Hey, what's normal??! Whose to say touchy feely, or not touchy feely, is normal or abnormal? We are all different ... perhaps it depends on how you were brought up? My parents dished out a huge amount of physical love - they were always kissing and cuddling, not in a sexual way in front of us kids, but in a loving way, and every Saturday and Sunday morning I would get into bed with Daddy for my morning cuddle - after 9 am. We are just like that as a family. They were extremely strict with us, about bedtime, bathtime, manners, not speaking until we were spoken to, never answering back, saying our prayers, the whole shooting match, but they were hugely touchy feely.

Some of my friends were to me spoiled rotten, both in terms of material possessions as well as freedom, but their parents never kissed, never cuddled them, in front of me. What they did when I wasn't there, of course I have no idea, but the mums would collect their children from school, but not hug or kiss them.
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Hey, what's normal??! Whose to say touchy feely, or not touchy feely, is normal or abnormal? We are all different ... perhaps it depends on how you were brought up? My parents dished out a huge amount of physical love - they were always kissing and cuddling, not in a sexual way in front of us kids, but in a loving way, and every Saturday and Sunday morning I would get into bed with Daddy for my morning cuddle - after 9 am. We are just like that as a family. They were extremely strict with us, about bedtime, bathtime, manners, not speaking until we were spoken to, never answering back, saying our prayers, the whole shooting match, but they were hugely touchy feely.

Some of my friends were to me spoiled rotten, both in terms of material possessions as well as freedom, but their parents never kissed, never cuddled them, in front of me. What they did when I wasn't there, of course I have no idea, but the mums would collect their children from school, but not hug or kiss them.
This is waaaay off topic, but dead interesting .

I'm not sure if it is all down to how you were brought up.
I was constantly kissed and cuddled, especially by my Mum , Gran and Auntie, but also by my Dad, big brother and grandad. But even so, I still felt awkward if family I didn't know so well gave me a hug, I especially dreaded Hogmanny .
Possibly I'm the product of my Mum being very protective, I was well aware of child molesters from about the age of 5, I suppose that could have morphed into a mistrust of unsolicited affection
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
This is waaaay off topic, but dead interesting .

I'm not sure if it is all down to how you were brought up.
I was constantly kissed and cuddled, especially by my Mum , Gran and Auntie, but also by my Dad, big brother and grandad. But even so, I still felt awkward if family I didn't know so well gave me a hug, I especially dreaded Hogmanny .
Possibly I'm the product of my Mum being very protective, I was well aware of child molesters from about the age of 5, I suppose that could have morphed into a mistrust of unsolicited affection

Probably - this is what I meant when I said what a shame it is. You could be right about your mum's protectiveness. Mine was very strict, warned me about talking to strangers, all the usual things, but I wouldn't describe her of being overly - or very - protective.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Funny, coz I had the absolute opposite of your bringing up there Nikki with the hugs and kisses bit, although everything else was the same, just the fact that nobody in my house or family hugged or kissed each other. Maybe this is where I missed out, so I turned into a touchy feely person when I left home?

Dave, on the other hand, is the opposite of me, he'd never touch another being, it's even difficult for him to touch me He used to hate it if his mother wanted to give him a goodbye kiss let alone a hug, he'd be horrified!

I'm really bad with my touchy, feely bit, coz sometimes, when I'm talking to somebody, and they're maybe telling me something really sad about themselves, I end up rubbing their arm I just can't help meself This would apply to even a total stranger I've just met One day I'm gonna get a slap I just know it lol!

I think some of these posts ought to go into that Jimmy Saville thread here
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post

We didn't lack affection growing up, our parents weren't that affectionate with each other, certainly not in front of us and that was back when they still appeared to like each other.
I'm not sure exactly when or why it started, but somewhere between the age of 6 and 10 I just started to reject it, the older I've become, the more disinterested I seen to get.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Don't forget this is today.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Good start ...
Murf
Dogsey Veteran